Sponsored

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
It was originally reported the Mark Vinnels left Rivian 27 August of this year. The poster in [Banned Site] is named Mark Vinnells w/ 2 Ls. I also cant imagine that someone of his caliber would do that scorned or not. Why post that in an internet forum...? Who knows? Seems suspect...but it's 2020...
I actually looked at his numbers again. If RIVIAN, on the R1S, starts production on time they can produce 5,000 units instead of 3,000 as shown on the Spreadsheet.
Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I actually looked at his numbers again. If RIVIAN, on the R1S, starts production on time they can produce 5,000 units instead of 3,000 as shown on the Spreadsheet.
that is just a ā€œlook at meā€ post...I would take no stock in it at all. Rivian proper has been notified and Iā€™m sure actions will be taken.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
On the other RIVIAN Forum (RIVIAN Owners.com) someone posted weekly planned 2021 production numbers for the RIT & R1S. The Poster claims to be an ex Sr Executive of the Company. There is no way to confirm that any of the info provided is real. The info was shown on a spreadsheet that looked official. What it shows is total 2021 production of 10,000 units ( 7,000 RIT,3,000 R1S). The RIT Production, starting 5/31 peaks at 420 units per week and the R1S, starting 9/20/21( this seems late) at 275 units per week. If any of this is accurate RIVIAN sold 10,000 LE units. Again this info could just be someone posting info under the Companyā€™s name. I originally thought they might have sold more but 10,000 units for a start up is not bad for half a year.
Totally bogus, just someone looking for attention. Definitely not the real Mark Vinnels (easily proved by comparing writing styles).

Ignore it.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Totally bogus, just someone looking for attention. Definitely not the real Mark Vinnels (easily proved by comparing writing styles).

Ignore it.
Well, he also misspelled his own name, so thereā€™s that.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Apparently Mr. former senior executive is now claiming itā€™s all an elaborate scheme, and he has the proof! Manual carts on an preproduction assembly line!! Oh, the horror! /s But for real, this is a fun diversion. Iā€™m guessing some kind of Tesla fan boy
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Announces New Timelines - R1T Delivery Begins June 2021 and R1S in August 2021. Pilot Production Starts 7E605F00-BC2A-4669-8D82-2997A63E8A7A

Sponsored

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Manual carts on preproduction and low volume assembly lines are standard practices, so the Tesla fanboy better read up on industry best practices. There's no sense in investing in speedy transfer lines if volumes don't justify it, and they don't, at least not yet.

Rivian will likely stay in low volume mode for a couple of months. It needs at least 500 vehicles in the field by the time test drives begin (41 centers x 10 colors) plus others for testing, certification, setting up repair shops and so on. Depending on how many carts are running, those numbers are easily achieved. 2 carts per hour, 16 assembled vehicles per day, 90 completed vehicles per week. Or 3, 24 and 120. Or 4, 32 and 160. Or, or.

Full scale transfer line assembly won't begin until Spring and, even so, rates at which lines move will vary. Slow at first, faster later. I'm sure Rivian has a very well designed production plan in hand.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
We need to stop giving this person a voice on the forums before one of these clickbait car sites gets a hold of this and starts blasting this crap all over the internet...
Iā€™m definitely not going to engage anymore. I just thought it was comical. A sign of success is when you start getting haters, and I think Rivian is going to be a big success

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
Manual carts on preproduction and low volume assembly lines are standard practices, so the Tesla fanboy better read up on industry best practices. There's no sense in investing in speedy transfer lines if volumes don't justify it, and they don't, at least not yet.

Rivian will likely stay in low volume mode for a couple of months. It needs at least 500 vehicles in the field by the time test drives begin (41 centers x 10 colors) plus others for testing, certification, setting up repair shops and so on. Depending on how many carts are running, those numbers are easily achieved. 2 carts per hour, 16 assembled vehicles per day, 90 completed vehicles per week. Or 3, 24 and 120. Or 4, 32 and 160. Or, or.

Full scale transfer line assembly won't begin until Spring and, even so, rates at which lines move will vary. Slow at first, faster later. I'm sure Rivian has a very well designed production plan in hand.
Of course, another option for Rivian would be that it attempt high volume production right out of the gate at the expense of quality control.
But I prefer a more measured approach.
Sponsored