First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Genesis GV80, Coda EV
Occupation
YouTuber
Rivian just notified the press that their Economic Development Agreement proposal has been approved and signed by all party members of the Joint Development Authority for the new Georgia factory. Included is a site plan and some numbers.
Hello,

Today marks a milestone in our progress towards the development of our second U.S. manufacturing plant in Georgia as the Economic Development Agreement (EDA) between the Joint Development Authority (JDA) of Jasper, Morgan, Newton, and Walton counties, the State of Georgia and Rivian was approved and signed by all parties. The long-term economic partnership promises to deliver value to Rivian, the people of Georgia and their kids’ kids’ kids.

Attached please find the site plan of the future campus as well as an exterior rendering of the front of the plant building, along with planned greenspaces filled with native plants. A breakdown of key numbers is provided below.

As always, stay adventurous,
Rivian Comms
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian announces: "A milestone in our progress in Georgia" and releases plant site plans / map Site plan of Rivian's future Georgia manufacturing campus. Over 50% of the site's acreage will

Site plan of Rivian's future Georgia manufacturing campus. Over 50% of the site's acreage will remain unpaved

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian announces: "A milestone in our progress in Georgia" and releases plant site plans / map Exterior rendering of Rivian's future Georgia manufacturing campus. This rendering shows a vie

Exterior rendering of Rivian's future Georgia manufacturing campus. This rendering shows a view of the front of the plant building, along with planned greenspaces filled with native plants

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian announces: "A milestone in our progress in Georgia" and releases plant site plans / map image001
Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian announces: "A milestone in our progress in Georgia" and releases plant site plans / map anufacturing-campus-this-rendering-shows-a-vie-

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian announces: "A milestone in our progress in Georgia" and releases plant site plans / map 1651527288897

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Would have been a Musk level troll to have an R2 vehicle instead of an R1T there in the foreground. Missed opportunity IMO

Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

Was the rendering of the giant parking lot for unshipped R1Ts and Vans removed at the request of Rivian? 😉

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)

Tomanik

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
IT
Good to plan for the future however they should be focusing on getting their current plant producing and scale service/sales locations.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Good to plan for the future however they should be focusing on getting their current plant producing and scale service/sales locations.
Lol what? How does one thing have to do with the other?

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Last Friday my wife & I stopped to tour Madison GA on the way from Charleston to Atlanta. Applicability to this thread is I saw one anti-Rivian yard sign during our walking tour. :rolleyes:

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Interesting article from the AJC. Really surprised I didn't see anything else about this before the event that it mentions and that nobody here was invited:

https://www.ajc.com/news/rivian-ceo...t-future-ev-plant/NUCWXCSFLFAYLBIKKXDXI4KIOY/
I also would be very interested to hear if anyone from greater Atlanta was invited. I live exactly 43 miles from downtown, Covington and would have GLADLY brought the family down. The closest I have ever come to a Rivian was when I drove past one for the first time the other day going the opposite dirextion on the highway. So not close.

Who better to bring out to the prospective build site than potentially your biggest evangelists?! However, given how I've heard literally nothing from Rivian since my 8/20 Max pack order was placed I'm somehow not shocked I was yet again overlooked. Not so much an evangelist now.

Taking a second to bitch, i feel everything is just so f-ing random with Rivian. There is no order whatsoever. Some Adventure orders from 2022 have trucks already. Some Max Pack holders got test drive offers (not me). Some Georgia preorder holders get to meet RJ at an event. You get the idea.

They have no idea how much us overlooked average schmucks would love to get one iota of attention. Do SOMETHING to make me feel a part of the community. PLEASE! Invite me to a damned event held just down the relative street from me. Anything!

Time to go back in my Rivian-less hole for another couple months.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I also would be very interested to hear if anyone from greater Atlanta was invited. I live exactly 43 miles from downtown, Covington and would have GLADLY brought the family down. The closest I have ever come to a Rivian was when I drove past one for the first time the other day going the opposite dirextion on the highway. So not close.

Who better to bring out to the prospective build site than potentially your biggest evangelists?! However, given how I've heard literally nothing from Rivian since my 8/20 Max pack order was placed I'm somehow not shocked I was yet again overlooked. Not so much an evangelist now.

Taking a second to bitch, i feel everything is just so f-ing random with Rivian. There is no order whatsoever. Some Adventure orders from 2022 have trucks already. Some Max Pack holders got test drive offers (not me). Some Georgia preorder holders get to meet RJ at an event. You get the idea.

They have no idea how much us overlooked average schmucks would love to get one iota of attention. Do SOMETHING to make me feel a part of the community. PLEASE! Invite me to a damned event held just down the relative street from me. Anything!

Time to go back in my Rivian-less hole for another couple months.
Yeah it sounds like it was primarily focused on business leaders but the article does mention preorder holders. I'm sure they wanted to limit headcount but it does make you wonder how they decided who got invited.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
A new article describing how Rivian’s Georgia factory has become a political football in the Governor primary:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...becomes-kemp-perdue-campaign-battle-rcna29102

I wonder if there’s something the greater Rivian community can do here to promote the company (or at least correct the attack Rivian is some Soros conspiracy designed to destroy Georgia way-of-life.)

To be clear, I don’t purport to know any of the issues that people local to the factory site in Georgia have raised. They may have legitimate concerns. They may not. However, the article makes clear how opportunistic people have seized on the issue and are using EV FUD and culture war for political gain. That’s wrong, and goes against everything the Rivian community is about.
Sponsored