Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

A new article describing how Rivian’s Georgia factory has become a political football in the Governor primary:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...becomes-kemp-perdue-campaign-battle-rcna29102

I wonder if there’s something the greater Rivian community can do here to promote the company (or at least correct the attack Rivian is some Soros conspiracy designed to destroy Georgia way-of-life.)

To be clear, I don’t purport to know any of the issues that people local to the factory site in Georgia have raised. They may have legitimate concerns. They may not. However, the article makes clear how opportunistic people have seized on the issue and are using EV FUD and culture war for political gain. That’s wrong, and goes against everything the Rivian community is about.
My understanding is that Perdue doesn't have a prayer in the race so it likely won't matter in a week. Kemp or Abrams will support the Rivian plant.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
My understanding is that Perdue doesn't have a prayer in the race so it likely won't matter in a week. Kemp or Abrams will support the Rivian plant.
Pretty much. Perdue never got within single digits of Kemp and his support is falling. The state also just announced a new deal with Hyundai for an even bigger EV plant outside Savannah. And Blue Bird school bus company is also moving heavily toward electric versions. Whoever wins the general is going to be all in on EV-related manufacturing—batteries and vehicles themselves.