All these recent developments regarding the S, its range and availability have me completely confused as to what to do. We live in SF and have a place in Tahoe City. For our daily lives in SF or Tahoe, range doesn't matter. So I'd probably go with the first available. The problem is driving to Tahoe. We typically leave early in the morning & can get there in 3 hours without stopping. Leaving in the afternoons can be 5-6 hours. My wife has a model 3 and I can tell you range anxiety is for real. There are no chargers between Rocklin (west Sacramento & Truckee) and the second you start climbing, the range drops like crazy. When we've driven her car, I can't bring myself to try to make it. Hence, I was going to go for the 400 mile S. If you guys were in my shoes, what would you do? As an aside, I had to buy a bridge vehicle, so other than being impatient, I can wait.