Sponsored

Rivian Adventure Network: What's been your experience so far?

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
being frustrated with the lack of opened/planned sites in places that are useful for a larger number of drivers is not being a dick. I guess some people just don't like sarcasm and have to resort to insults.
Probably because it didn’t come across as sarcasm and more like whining
Sponsored

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

The two I have used are in Happy Valley Oregon and Lincoln City Oregon - both worked very well and had no issues. Driving to Somona CA in the next couple of weeks, so I will have more to report on between Oregon and CA.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Flawless experience with the RAN in Quartzsite, AZ. Pulled up, plugged in. Done.

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 23 MY
The two I have used are in Happy Valley Oregon and Lincoln City Oregon - both worked very well and had no issues. Driving to Somona CA in the next couple of weeks, so I will have more to report on between Oregon and CA.
Awesome! Please do report back. I'm planning on a road trip from Los Angeles to Portland first week of June. Trying to hit as many RAN as possible. Hopefully they'll still be free by then, although not a deal breaker if they're not.

Sponsored

daorte

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limestone R1T
Occupation
Operations Director
Has there been any indication what they will charge when they do start to charge?

I have seen other EV's charging at both the Lincoln City RAN as well as the Clackamas RAN. I took this picture at Clackamas a couple weeks ago.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network: What's been your experience so far? 20230504_172644

OP
OP
itselectric

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. This information, I think, is super helpful!

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Sacramento and Truckee have worked great for me. Several times I have found that one of the chargers is out of order. Never more than one and there have always been working chargers available.

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I do not want to jinx anything, but every other owner I've met personally at the sites (a handful), no one has experienced any issues with reliability or speed.

Seeing if that is the typical case. Rivian might be hitting this one out of the park. Figured the feedback would be helpful for other current/future owners and maybe even Rivian. :)

What has been your experience? Good speeds and reliability?
EAs chargers also worked well when they were brand new. Now many of them are five or more years old and having issues. I’m glad Rivians are working well, but the installation usually involves some testing before the installers drive off. I want to see how quickly Rivian notices and responds to failures later on down the line. How good is their telemetry and their will to repair quickly?

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have used Madras and Clackamas in Oregon and both were Plug and Charge. Easy.

Sponsored

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
New/Add 'changes' page here lets you filte by RAN

https://fastcharger.info/changes

May dates shown below. Also related forum to it shows they will add a filter to the map soon.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network: What's been your experience so far? M1irqDl

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
More RAN sites at a faster rate are expected to be installed soon.

I think it was on the last earnings call, but they suggested roll out was intentionally slow so far to 1/ gather data to ensure uprime is high on future rollouts and 2/ improved hardware launching

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
I do not want to jinx anything, but every other owner I've met personally at the sites (a handful), no one has experienced any issues with reliability or speed.

Seeing if that is the typical case. Rivian might be hitting this one out of the park. Figured the feedback would be helpful for other current/future owners and maybe even Rivian. :)

What has been your experience? Good speeds and reliability?
Used one in El Portal Ca, was slow, 11 miles from Yosemite, (Level 1 ?) then used the Ran network in Yosemite for roughly 2.5 hours while taking in the glorious sights of Yosemite, charged up to 75% and gave me plenty of battery juice to Atwater Ca (roughly 80 miles) for the next charge.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Used one in El Portal Ca, was slow, 11 miles from Yosemite, (Level 1 ?) then used the Ran network in Yosemite for roughly 2.5 hours while taking in the glorious sights of Yosemite, charged up to 75% and gave me plenty of battery juice to Atwater Ca (roughly 80 miles) for the next charge.
FWIW, both El Portal and Yosemite are Rivian Waypoints, not Rivian Adventure Network. Waypoints are just Level 2, and you should get 11.5kW and 20-25 miles added per hour of charge.

Level 1 is a basic home outlet. Level 2 is still AC power and is home chargers, Waypoints, Tesla destination, etc. which give 11-12kW and 20-25 mph of charging. Level 3 is DC power and includes RAN, Tesla superchargers, EA, etc..

michaelcasto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Landscaper
Have used 6 of them so far - Sac, Truckee, Ukiah, Crescent, Fortuna, Klamath Falls.

100% so far. I managed to hit two of them on opening day, as well (as I later discovered).
Dangit you are adventurous I haven’t been to one yet there is one in NC I know of at Blowing Rock. Taking delivery in Oct. 22 I have been on 1 adventure to the top of Brown Mtn OHV trail and driving on the beach on the NC coast they were both fun in the new truck 👍
Sponsored