kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT
Details of a Rivian Adventure Network (RAN) charger in Salida, Colorado from the city council meeting. Peak at 300kW with 200-920V output.

As everyone mentioned, just because it can do it, doesn't mean it will. Grain of Salt.!

[Images Removed]
Advertisement

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicles
Will never buy a Land Rover again!!!
Details of a Rivian Adventure Network (RAN) charger in Salida from the city council meeting. Peak at 300kW with 200-920V output.

As everyone mentioned, just because it can do it, doesn't mean it will. Grain of Salt.!

View attachment 3293

View attachment 3294
As a native Coloradan, I’m so completely excited and simultaneously amused at the same time that Salida, CO will be one of the first receiving the latest high profile tech for a brand new, highly anticipated automotive company. Gives me great confidence that Rivian will be a leader with RAN stations in the most unlikely of places that will turn out to be among the smartest of locations.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT
As a native Coloradan, I’m so completely excited and simultaneously amused at the same time that Salida, CO will be one of the first receiving the latest high profile tech for a brand new, highly anticipated automotive company. Gives me great confidence that Rivian will be a leader with RAN stations in the most unlikely of places that will turn out to be among the smartest of locations.
I pass thru colorado last year on my across USA road trip and loved how ever down was basically surounded by mountains etc. It is well placed for the Great Sand Dunes National park we visited.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicles
Will never buy a Land Rover again!!!
I pass thru colorado last year on my across USA road trip and loved how ever down was basically surounded by mountains etc. It is well placed for the Great Sand Dunes National park we visited.
Yes I was in the Great Sand Dunes last summer as well kanundrum with the fam, and Salida makes some RAN sense. As much as the famous towns of CO deserve their fame, It gives me great joy that the Aspens and Vails of CO could be second fiddle to a town like Salida for Rivian.

2ED3BCD9-8853-4641-986F-D879536A1334.jpeg

Rhidan

Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hmm . . . I posted this photo two months ago on this forum, but removed it after thinking better of it. The image was marked as confidential and proprietary. Obviously it was made public, but I really just didn’t want to create problems for the City of Salida if they made it public in error. I look forward to using this station in the future and would hate for the publicity of this to somehow jeopardize the relationship between Rivian and the City or the construction of this charging station at this location.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Honda CR-V, Corvette Z06
This is great news except for the fact that there are 3 ChargePoint stations ( 2 plugs each) within 5 blocks and two others in this small town. That’s just a quick Google maps lookup.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicles
I really thought they would have targeted locations with no charging infrastructure

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler; Tesla Model S, Model 3 (& Cybertruck on order)
This is great news except for the fact that there are 3 ChargePoint stations ( 2 plugs each) within 5 blocks and two others in this small town. That’s just a quick Google maps lookup.
?? I don't find anything aside from the Tesla charger at the Wyman.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicles
Rivian will be located at the big white building with the marker in the map.
418740EB-DCBA-468C-B4E0-2186DA5E02AC.jpeg

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler; Tesla Model S, Model 3 (& Cybertruck on order)
Rivian will be located at the big whit building with the marker in the map.
418740EB-DCBA-468C-B4E0-2186DA5E02AC.jpeg
Oh, you were referring to Salida. I thought you were talking about Silverton. So I agree with your point about where RAN stations are needed. And Silverton would be a very good candidate; there's only Tesla there.

slawwach

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Those are L2 chargers.
There's one CCS location. On the photo it looks like CPE250, which would mean 62.5kW or 125kW if no one is using the other stall.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Those are L2 chargers.
There's one CCS location. On the photo it looks like CPE250, which would mean 62.5kW or 125kW if no one is using the other stall.
There are two ChargePoint 62.5KW stations, they are not power shared.

1614349126849.png

Advertisement

Advertisement