Sponsored

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

Odd that Texas is so sparse. From my observations, Texas has been a big initial market for Rivian. I see R1Ts everywhere and starting to see R1Ss out and about too. Does anyone know if something in Texas makes things more difficult to get chargers placed?
I think this is a little odd too. I’ve been looking at places I’d like to go soon like Big Bend, Palo Duro Canyon, Lincoln National forest in NM, Heck even Colorado and it can be tough due to lack of charging infrastructure. I was really hoping Rivian was going to help open up some of these adventure locations.
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I think this is a little odd too. I’ve been looking at places I’d like to go soon like Big Bend, Palo Duro Canyon, Lincoln National forest in NM, Heck even Colorado and it can be tough due to lack of charging infrastructure. I was really hoping Rivian was going to help open up some of these adventure locations.
Are they on the original map? These are just the ones coming soon. There are hundreds more after this wave. I assume these will be mostly done in 2023.

Reactions: VSG

Rivzie

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Entrepreneur
While charging the R1T today in Sacramento, I had the opportunity to talk with a Rivian employee who works on the charging network. He said that the Coos Bay and Madras, OR are in the process of being turned up and should be live within the next 2 weeks. I asked about the charging station in Crescent, OR and was advised that the hold-up is the charging equipment but he thought there should be some further progress shortly.

I also put in my request for charging station on US 395 in Central Oregon and down to Reno.
Any news on the Happy Valley station in Portland area?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I'm really hoping the Rivian map will be updated regularly and will continue to add features like better labels for existing stations and "Coming Soon" and that eventually maybe Plugshare will add the ability to filter for RAN ...

In the meantime, I've updated my Google Map to reflect the "target areas" that are now Open, Coming Soon, and long-term plans. The map is discussed in this thread and a direct link is in my signature:

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-stations-locations-map-via-google-maps.1721/

Sponsored

happyjohn14

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2022
Occupation
IT
Sad how underrepresented the NE is, or really most of the map. I'd thought they'd have 10x as many charging stations planned, if not more.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sad how underrepresented the NE is, or really most of the map. I'd thought they'd have 10x as many charging stations planned, if not more.
We would all love our regions to be coming along faster than they are. FWIW, maybe this will make you feel better, maybe it won't, but on the long-term plans, Rivian showed 27 RAN locations in NE (CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, and ME). That seems like generally quite good coverage. Maine is more sparse, for sure, but they show prospective stations along the whole I95 corridor plus a station near the ME-NB border near where US-1 and ME-9 meet. Without knowing Maine at all, it seems like the biggest miss is not having a station along US-201 or along US-2, but I'm guessing those are not particularly heavily-travelled roads?

They've actually got a little better coverage for NE than they have for parts of the SE.

happyjohn14

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2022
Occupation
IT
That is good to hear. But 27 for such a huge area and the most densely packed part of the country doesn't sound like much. I'd for sure love to make a road trip up to Vermont or Maine in my R1T, but eh, I really want more reliable networks. Hoping the Telsa network works well for us when it opens.

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
Map is pretty useless as you can't zoom in to see actual locations and level 2 charging is pretty useless.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I asked and was told the new map will not distinguish RAN vs Waypoint for pending locations. See the note below. However here is the old RAN only map, and you can figure most of them out.

We do not break out which type of site is planned as these plans change. Once the site is up and running we will note which type of charging is available.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network Charging Stations Map Updated - Coming Soon Locations 1670899854786

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I asked and was told the new map will not distinguish RAN vs Waypoint for pending locations. See the note below. However here is the old RAN only map, and you can figure most of them out.

We do not break out which type of site is planned as these plans change. Once the site is up and running we will note which type of charging is available.

1670899854786.png
Hmm... then the coming soon is basically useless. Sure, we can guess and hope that if they match a point on that long-term RAN map that it might be a RAN location, but it could also be that they're installing a Waypoint for now and will get to RAN in a couple years.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This is one of the new fast charging locations in Broomfield Colorado at the Flatirons mall. Looks like some progress, but still empty stalls.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network Charging Stations Map Updated - Coming Soon Locations A9B1AB77-03C5-45D1-BFAC-C921CE0D6A55

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network Charging Stations Map Updated - Coming Soon Locations C8D55E4E-7624-4B4F-B1AE-A2888C106D3E
Sponsored