Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Its a Red state basically....especially the areas that aren't Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio.
I don’t think that explains it since they have SCs opens and some chargers planned (along with an EV factory). This is a partial map, there are over 500 more RAN locations to add in the coming years.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DaveA

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I don’t think that explains it since they have SCs opens and some chargers planned (along with an EV factory). This is a partial map, there are over 500 more RAN locations to add in the coming years.
Referring more to the lack of chargers, not just RAN locations, in oil country, like Permian basin etc…I bet they drag their feet on permits etc.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

This is possibly very good news for those of us in GA. I know someone already posted in the thread by @Autolycus that the site near Savannah was going to be a multi-stall RAN site. Hopefully this means it is imminent.

More importantly, it looks like there's going to be something in the greater Macon area soon. If it were a RAN station that would help with a I-75 trip, as well as the insane I-16 charging desert. No offense to anyone who lives in Macon, but there's literally no reason to put a Waypoint there :D

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
Well, at least you have quite a few Chargepoint DC chargers, no?
We do. None of it is all the big of a deal for me anyway. My wife has an e-tron and I don't think we've ever had to charge anywhere but at home. Would like to take some road trips in the Rivian when I get it though.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You’re not going to be able to zoom in close enough to get much more than a general area, unfortunately.
Playing with scaling and overlaying the compass onto a much more detailed map pretty much pinpoints the location for this "coming soon" location in Grayling. Doing this same thing with other sites should get me within a few hundred yards, which would be enough to figure out other sites.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network Charging Stations Map Updated - Coming Soon Locations 1670513040018

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network Charging Stations Map Updated - Coming Soon Locations 1670513180111

Edit:
Doing the same thing for Clare seems to make it awfully close to just on the city name. I'm sure there's enough error in my method that it could just be that.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network Charging Stations Map Updated - Coming Soon Locations 1670529417044

But it is pretty close to where the clare supercharger is. There's a hospital right there and some places to eat, so, maybe.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network Charging Stations Map Updated - Coming Soon Locations 1670529449490

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Adventure Network Charging Stations Map Updated - Coming Soon Locations 1670529398500

Last edited:

Sponsored

Test Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
HR
Odd that Texas is so sparse. From my observations, Texas has been a big initial market for Rivian. I see R1Ts everywhere and starting to see R1Ss out and about too. Does anyone know if something in Texas makes things more difficult to get chargers placed?
I agree, Rivian is underestimating how many Texan's make the trip up 287 to get to New Mexico and Colorado. I would expect a charging station in Wichita Falls and Amarillo at a minimum.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I agree, Rivian is underestimating how many Texan's make the trip up 287 to get to New Mexico and Colorado. I would expect a charging station in Wichita Falls and Amarillo at a minimum.
Tesla has superchargers in Childress which is also a great spot for charging.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
While charging the R1T today in Sacramento, I had the opportunity to talk with a Rivian employee who works on the charging network. He said that the Coos Bay and Madras, OR are in the process of being turned up and should be live within the next 2 weeks. I asked about the charging station in Crescent, OR and was advised that the hold-up is the charging equipment but he thought there should be some further progress shortly.

I also put in my request for charging station on US 395 in Central Oregon and down to Reno.

RoadRunner

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, Audi A6
Clubs

Still nothing in New Mexico. :(
Starting to feel like Rivian is ignoring us down here...

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
While charging the R1T today in Sacramento, I had the opportunity to talk with a Rivian employee who works on the charging network. He said that the Coos Bay and Madras, OR are in the process of being turned up and should be live within the next 2 weeks. I asked about the charging station in Crescent, OR and was advised that the hold-up is the charging equipment but he thought there should be some further progress shortly.

I also put in my request for charging station on US 395 in Central Oregon and down to Reno.
So all Sacramento RAN chargers us now working? They were all down on Thanksgiving weekend- which sucked.

Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

After a quick comparison I think all of the coming soon are RAN.
I agree. It seems to me that if the coming soon is placed on a highway or interstate, it will be RAN.

Paradigm_Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Audi RS5, and a few more
Occupation
Architect
Clubs

There is not a single location in all of New England..... but there is one at the very tip of Long Island

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

There is not a single location in all of New England..... but there is one at the very tip of Long Island
True but this is only showing about 60 RAN locations which is 10% of the planned build out - so plenty of other locations to come.

Rivian603

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado, Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Super frustrating imo. Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont desperately need reliable fast chargers. Lots of EV dead zones up here.
Sponsored