First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
HS English Teacher
It's good to see some going up on I-5 in the Central Valley. After that happens, both the East and West side of the Sierras will have Rivian charging options. I hope this is up by next summer.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
A note about the new map (and the Charging page generally): I only get the updated version of the page and map if I first go to rivian.com/experience/service, scroll all the way down, and click Charging from the menu at the bottom of the page. Probably a cache issue, but others are probably seeing the same, so I figured I would share.

You can immediately tell which version you got from the first photo on the page. Blue rivian = old; Silver Rivian at sunset = new.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have to be signed into my account to see the new version of the map.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
It's good to see some going up on I-5 in the Central Valley. After that happens, both the East and West side of the Sierras will have Rivian charging options. I hope this is up by next summer.
Well, maybe the east side of the Sierras as far north as Reno, then forget about it. Taking Hwy 395 from Reno north into Oregon, basically all of northeastern CA, is a charging station desert.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Well, maybe the east side of the Sierras as far north as Reno, then forget about it. Taking Hwy 395 from Reno north into Oregon, basically all of northeastern CA, is a charging station desert.
Yeah I agree, they appear to be missing 1 charger at least between tahoe and Klamath Falls OR otherwise you'd be able to at least get up around Mt Hood or vice versa. For what it's worth even the original map they had didn't include anything in this region sadly.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Yeah I agree, they appear to be missing 1 charger at least between tahoe and Klamath Falls OR otherwise you'd be able to at least get up around Mt Hood or vice versa. For what it's worth even the original map they had didn't include anything in this region sadly.
This assumes one wants to head over to Klamath Falls. If you stay on 395 North through eastern Oregon, well, good luck with an EV. Believe it or not, Hwy 395 in N. CA can get pretty darn busy during the summer. Anyway, one of these days ……

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
Odd that Texas is so sparse. From my observations, Texas has been a big initial market for Rivian. I see R1Ts everywhere and starting to see R1Ss out and about too. Does anyone know if something in Texas makes things more difficult to get chargers placed?

OP
OP
DaveA

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Odd that Texas is so sparse. From my observations, Texas has been a big initial market for Rivian. I see R1Ts everywhere and starting to see R1Ss out and about too. Does anyone know if something in Texas makes things more difficult to get chargers placed?
Its a Red state basically....especially the areas that aren't Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio.

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

one of the coming soon is Sedona Arizona. can we confirm if this means a new rivian adventure site of if they are just showing the new level 3 charging station that sedona is building themselves at the skatepark i can see on plugshare.
I believe that the plans for the RAN site in Sedona are posted in this thread:

RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps

It shows it as a site technically in the Village of Oak Creek adjacent to the old Tesla SuperCharger site.

The EA site up by the skate park is its own entity awaiting commissioning.

Sponsored

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If anyone from Rivian monitors these threads, I humbly petition for a RAN charger somewhere between Dayton and Michigan on I75. That is an absolute dead zone on a heavily traveled interstate. There are no EA stations there either. Unless Tesla opens up, I’m going to have to hope and pray I can make it from Cincinnati to Ann Arbor.
While it isn’t optimal, check out the ChargePoint at the Apollo Career Center, 3325 Shawnee Rd, Lima, OH. I’ve had to hit it for 15-20 minutes when on that route to get from Ann Arbor down to Dayton.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This assumes one wants to head over to Klamath Falls. If you stay on 395 North through eastern Oregon, well, good luck with an EV. Believe it or not, Hwy 395 in N. CA can get pretty darn busy during the summer. Anyway, one of these days ……
Well what I was referring to is that folks could drive up the east of the Cascades in OR with the RAN stations in Klamath Falls, Crescent and Madras but that stretch in NE Cali is a no-go. And yes 395 through OR is also a bit low on charging options.

R.Miller

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
HS English Teacher
Thats true. Rivian is prioritizing their charging network to allign with sales and other supports like service. I think the network will follow demand.

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
Its a Red state basically....especially the areas that aren't Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio.
Ha! You got that right. But, I'm in Austin and nothing on the plan here. I'm born and raised in Austin, and Austin is not an "adventure" anymore.

OP
OP
DaveA

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ha! You got that right. But, I'm in Austin and nothing on the plan here. I'm born and raised in Austin, and Austin is not an "adventure" anymore.
Well, at least you have quite a few Chargepoint DC chargers, no?
Sponsored