Sponsored

MrMetlHed

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep 4xe, R1T (Order 2/20/22, from Shop 2/11/23)
Occupation
Journalist @ Reuters
Really glad to see a few coming in Arizona. Hopefully it fills out more around Phoenix, Tucson, and in the charging... deserts... around the state near all the beautiful scenery.
Sponsored

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Really glad to see a few coming in Arizona. Hopefully it fills out more around Phoenix, Tucson, and in the charging... deserts... around the state near all the beautiful scenery.
The one is Quartzsite is great for trips from LA to Phoenix since the EA station SUCKS there.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

one of the coming soon is Sedona Arizona. can we confirm if this means a new rivian adventure site of if they are just showing the new level 3 charging station that sedona is building themselves at the skatepark i can see on plugshare.
Level 3 with a pull through. There is a complete thread on it. As of last month, no ground breaking yet. It's in the same parking lot as the Tesla chargers.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
The one is Quartzsite is great for trips from LA to Phoenix since the EA station SUCKS there.
That is a must stop when I drive from CA to AZ. I drove the last 4 miles with 0% turtle mode to the EA station at Love's, glad it was downhill.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Glad to see Benton Harbor, MI. I'd love one in Grand Rapids or Cadillac, too (those were on the original map that existed prior to this update).

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm actually surprised at how light Colorado is, given the amount of R1's that we have here...but if they put a few in strategic locations (Grand Junction, Silverthorne, Steamboat, Crested Butte, etc) they would complement the Salida RAN nicely.

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor
A RAN charging station is coming soon on the border of NC and SC. I think that location is in Charlotte, NC. If that is the case, I noticed a charger station is being built next to the REI in the Northlake Mall area.

I asked a couple of employees at REI, and all they know is their work being done in their parking lot. So much for being curious.

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

Anyone know who Rivian usually partners with for locations? Looks like Strongsville, OH will be getting one which is perfect for me but not sure what businesses they like to install at. I'm guessing it is not on the turnpike.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
A RAN charging station is coming soon on the border of NC and SC. I think that location is in Charlotte, NC. If that is the case, I noticed a charger station is being built next to the REI in the Northlake Mall area.

I asked a couple of employees at REI, and all they know is their work being done in their parking lot. So much for being curious.
9841 Northlake Centre Parkway is confirmed as a RAN.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Glad to see Benton Harbor, MI. I'd love one in Grand Rapids or Cadillac, too (those were on the original map that existed prior to this update).
My theory is that they are at least past site selection for the ones on the map that are coming soon. I might try to pull the coordinates out of the map and check how close it is to known under construction sites. If it's spot on, I may investigate some of the ones that aren't marked on plugshare yet, in person.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
My theory is that they are at least past site selection for the ones on the map that are coming soon. I might try to pull the coordinates out of the map and check how close it is to known under construction sites. If it's spot on, I may investigate some of the ones that aren't marked on plugshare yet, in person.
You’re not going to be able to zoom in close enough to get much more than a general area, unfortunately.

Condor

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1S
If anyone from Rivian monitors these threads, I humbly petition for a RAN charger somewhere between Dayton and Michigan on I75. That is an absolute dead zone on a heavily traveled interstate. There are no EA stations there either. Unless Tesla opens up, I’m going to have to hope and pray I can make it from Cincinnati to Ann Arbor.

OP
OP
DaveA

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm actually surprised at how light Colorado is, given the amount of R1's that we have here...but if they put a few in strategic locations (Grand Junction, Silverthorne, Steamboat, Crested Butte, etc) they would complement the Salida RAN nicely.
At least Crested Butte has Waypoints by Nordic Inn....otherwise, there is only the 1 fast charger at the fire station that charges an arm and a leg to use.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

If anyone from Rivian monitors these threads, I humbly petition for a RAN charger somewhere between Dayton and Michigan on I75. That is an absolute dead zone on a heavily traveled interstate. There are no EA stations there either. Unless Tesla opens up, I’m going to have to hope and pray I can make it from Cincinnati to Ann Arbor.
They have a few planned ones in that section but they aren't "coming soon" so they won't show up on this map until then. Looks like there should end up being one in Findlay and between Lima and Dayton at some point in the future. I think if you stick to the speed limit, you should be able to hit the Dayton EA from A2, but coming in the other direction is a potental issue if you aren't charged to 100% in Dayton. Would have to hop on the turnpike for the charger there instead of sticking to I-75 back north.

In the Hummer, we did the 242 mile drive from our house to the Dayton EA station on 89% of the battery sticking to the speed limit in below freezing weather.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like only one "coming soon" in PA, and the location is about 15 miles from an existing EA station, so not really adding any coverage.
Sponsored