First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Genesis GV80, Coda EV
Occupation
YouTuber
Bummer to see Utah completely barren. I know it's dire everywhere, but Tesla's network in Utah is very good and EA's is quite poor with EVgo's being completely non-existent as well. It's easy with R1T/S to get to St. George from SLC, but heading back is a bit tricky in the winter and with the elevation considering the Scipio EA station has been broken for like... 5 months now. You've gotta get to a high SoC in Beaver if you want to make it back to the Valley since there's nothing until Spanish Fork.

I know they've pulled permits and submitted plans for Springdale and are in talks with the city of Beaver but that hardly seems "soon" hence the missing markers, I suppose.

I do wonder at what point something becomes "coming soon" per this map. Permitting stage? Construction? A year? Two months? Agree we need a much more web/app friendly view of the network with precise locations/details.
Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
According to this Wisconsin lost all of their locations.
No biggie though as Wisconsin is WAY above the curve regarding charging locations...

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
one of the coming soon is Sedona Arizona. can we confirm if this means a new rivian adventure site of if they are just showing the new level 3 charging station that sedona is building themselves at the skatepark i can see on plugshare.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
I have several questions.

1. Are all of these, Adventure Network and Waypoint, free to use for Rivian owners?
2. So I'm assuming the Adventure Network is L3, fast charging? Are the new coming soon ones the L3?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DaveA

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have several questions.

1. Are all of these, Adventure Network and Waypoint, free to use for Rivian owners?
2. So I'm assuming the Adventure Network is L3, fast charging? Are the new coming soon ones the fast ones?
RAN (Level 3) is just for Rivian users. For now....when Rivian gets strapped for cash, RAN will be opened up, no doubt. Waypoints are for any EV.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I see they now have a Waypoint at Crested Butte. I could have used that back in October.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

RAN (Level 3) is just for Rivian users. For now....when Rivian gets strapped for cash, RAN will be opened up, no doubt. Waypoints are for any EV.
Rivian will be opening them up sooner than later if they want any of the Federal grant money.

MT_Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F250 King Ranch; 16' Explorer Plantinum
So Waypoints are what, all day or overnight locations to get a full charge? I'm I understanding this correctly?

OP
OP
DaveA

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So Waypoints are what, all day or overnight locations to get a full charge? I'm I understanding this correctly?
they are more for charging while you are doing whatever during the day, since they are mainly at state, national parks, and recreational sites it appears.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Basically Tesla destination charging.

“Quick stops along the Rivian Adventure Network of DC fast chargers keep you en route, and Level 2 Waypoints help you add range while you enjoy your destination.”

Sponsored

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
The other somewhat disappointing part of this map is no addresses for these points, if someone wanted to plan a trip ahead. I know the Waypoints are for every manufacturer, but it would still be nice to see if they are at a hotel or a park or a store. I know this map is intended just to give a quick graphical "look how much area we are covering", but I hope they make one with more in depth details.
No addresses, but there's a bit more detail when you zoom in on the map on Rivian's site. For example, looks like one of the "coming soon" locations is in Buttonwillow, CA, just west of Bakersfield.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
An interesting thing I noticed about this map: It appears to be live, meaning I'm pretty sure I see current traffic indicators when I zoom in as much as possible. The red I see has changed when I've looked at it a couple hours apart and matches where I would expect to see bad traffic right now, as well as roughly what Google Maps is showing for bad traffic -- we're pretty sure they get their traffic data from MapBox, not Google, but it shows that their data looks roughly the same right now.

I'm not sure what use that is, but I thought it's interesting.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No addresses, but there's a bit more detail when you zoom in on the map on Rivian's site. For example, looks like one of the "coming soon" locations is in Buttonwillow, CA, just west of Bakersfield.
FYI, the Buttonwillow RAN station is under construction and will be at this address:

20673 Tracy Ave, Buttonwillow, CA 93206

(This is not based on the updated Rivian map but off of crowdsourced info in another thread).

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

I'd have loved to see an RAN charger set somewhere in the cascades. Washington in general seems pretty sparse :(

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd have loved to see an RAN charger set somewhere in the cascades. Washington in general seems pretty sparse :(
Maybe not soon, but S[O====O]N
Sponsored