Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I think that is a great opportunity for an accessory to customize the R1S. If Rivian doesn’t make one then I bet someone else will.
What did it look like, I am not sure what is being referenced.
Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Heres a pic I found

76040BA4-2C63-41F0-AC7D-B1F764223083.jpeg
Man, that looks good.....

Now I'm wondering, we can see the buttons that raise/lower the seat backs. Wonder if those are still there....?

Also, I find it interesting that this model has what seem to be storage bins of some sort, where the current version has the rail stowage. I think I like the rail system better, but I'm all for anything that will help manage the chaos that I know will grow back there.

I say grow, because it will continue to evolve without any input from me, as is the case for my previous vehicles.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I have a confession to make:

I am waffling on my Rivian. My initial preorder went in as an S, and I had convinced my wife that it made sense for us to become the new "family vehicle," but somewhere along the way with all the attention the T was getting and all the fun gadgets my eyes started to wander. In the (probably misguided) belief that it might move up my delivery date and as a result of gear tunnel envy I went so far as to change my configuration to the T.

Now that these images are out, I'm having second thoughts. That load floor is so flat, that tailgate so enticing. The tonneau cover so iffy....should I move back to the S? Am I the only one in this apparent quandary?

Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order

I am waffling on my Rivian. My initial preorder went in as an S, and I had convinced my wife that it made sense for us to become the new "family vehicle," but somewhere along the way with all the attention the T was getting and all the fun gadgets my eyes started to wander. In the (probably misguided) belief that it might move up my delivery date and as a result of gear tunnel envy I went so far as to change my configuration to the T.

Now that these images are out, I'm having second thoughts. That load floor is so flat, that tailgate so enticing. The tonneau cover so iffy....should I move back to the S? Am I the only one in this apparent quandary?
The answer is obvious…. Get both!

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)

Go sit on a bench in the cold in front of Tillman Hall wearing solid orange until you come to your senses and once again realize the unmatched amaze that is the R1T.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Can a current R1T Launch Edition be changed to a R1S Launch Edition ?
I have done some searching here and else where but haven't found the answer.
Yes I understand it may delay delivery because of the R1S production delay

Sponsored

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Yes

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Looks like the R1S gets "Oh Shiz" handle bars on all entries. I think those were missing from R1T.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts

I am in the same boat. I originally put my deposit down on an S because I wanted to be able to lock camping gear and such in the back. Then I was lured by the lockable tonneau cover, gear tunnel and the ability to put my bikes on a rack over the bed.

With last weeks news that my bikes are too long for the over the bed option, it looks like I will have to go with a hitch rack either way. That is a real bummer.

I am also a little worried about how beat up the tonneau cover will get and the fact that there is so much black plastic in the bed that it may be a bitch to keep black.

I currently have a Jeep that my son and I sleep in a few weekends a year. If the S works for that, it may sway me back.

The truck is just so F’ing cool though.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I am in the same boat. I originally put my deposit down on an S because I wanted to be able to lock camping gear and such in the back. Then I was lured by the lockable tonneau cover, gear tunnel and the ability to put my bikes on a rack over the bed.

With last weeks news that my bikes are too long for the over the bed option, it looks like I will have to go with a hitch rack either way. That is a real bummer.

I am also a little worried about how beat up the tonneau cover will get and the fact that there is so much black plastic in the bed that it may be a bitch to keep black.

I currently have a Jeep that my son and I sleep in a few weekends a year. If the S works for that, it may sway me back.

The truck is just so F’ing cool though.
I hope the T is radically successful, but I’m also willing to bet the S will outsell the T by 2023. Large SUV’s in America are ubiquitous and in high demand—not to mention a whole new category Rivian has created which swayed me from JLR; 4.5’ trucks beds, well…hmm.

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
I made that changeover successfully but it was a long time ago when there was ample supply of both most likely. Worth a shot to as cs if they can make that happen again.
Sponsored