Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So the charge door and hood CAN be aligned on your vehicle if you are the CEO and CFO apparently. ?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian: “We made our first R1S deliveries last week to RJ and our CFO Claire” D400D3C4-01F8-4939-ADD3-DA0DC6191631

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
OMG, so excited to see more. But now my questions are getting out of control.

What's this recess/button I circled red? Is that to drop the tailgate when the glass is up? Does that mean the latch for it isn't on the exterior?

Are these the read air vents circled in blue? Hadn't seen that before, it's an interesting placement for them I think.

Circled in purple: nice looking armrests? To poke the bear, wondering if these pop open or flip up to reveal cupholders.

Finally, what's going on in the green circle? It's hard to tell for sure, but are these just lie down loops? They almost look like they're on a track, which would be interesting. Would *really* love if these were the originally teased cargo crossbar mounts. Having crossbar mounts back here on an adjustable track would be amazing. Strange that this area seems to be inset lower than the main floor area though.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian: “We made our first R1S deliveries last week to RJ and our CFO Claire” 1640019771220

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

The second image seems to confirm their choice to prioritize rear cargo vs 3rd row legroom. Matches up with their 3d animation on the site.

This seems odd to me considering those that won't use the 3rd row can always have it down for additional cargo space and those that will use the 3rd row need it to actually be comfortable.

A bit disappointing and may ultimately be the reason we can't go with the R1S if 3rd row is cramped or hard to access with car seats in the 2nd row, but still excited to check one out and hopefully be proved wrong!

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Also, it *very* much looks like that middle bench is actually a 40/20/40 split. Which is nice. But also frustrating, as I specifically asked CS that exact question last Thursday, and was told that it definitively is *not* a 40/20/40, but a true 60/40. So.... ?‍♂

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Circled in purple: nice looking armrests? To poke the bear, wondering if these pop open or flip up to reveal cupholders.
Cupholders should be in front of the armrest as per the 3d animation
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian: “We made our first R1S deliveries last week to RJ and our CFO Claire” 1640020110456

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
The second image seems to confirm their choice to prioritize rear cargo vs 3rd row legroom. Matches up with their 3d animation on the site.

This seems odd to me considering those that won't use the 3rd row can always have it down for additional cargo space and those that will use the 3rd row need it to actually be comfortable.

A bit disappointing and may ultimately be the reason we can't go with the R1S if 3rd row is cramped or hard to access with car seats in the 2nd row, but still excited to check one out and hopefully be proved wrong!
A valid concern, but I suppose I'd argue that it's a bit hard to be too precise with just this image. Because what makes a functional third row versus a cramped one is measured in just a few inches. And all we can see from this is that the seats lie flat and flush to the middle row. But how high are the back seats of the third row? If they're really tall seats, for example, there could be gobs of space underneath them once they're folded back up.

Maybe. Or maybe it's just me being wishful again.

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Also, it *very* much looks like that middle bench is actually a 40/20/40 split. Which is nice. But also frustrating, as I specifically asked CS that exact question last Thursday, and was told that it definitively is *not* a 40/20/40, but a true 60/40. So.... ?‍♂
well, its weird CS would say its 60/40 when the animated graphic on their website has been showing the seats fold and how much luggage you can store has shown that the 2nd row splits 40/20/40. but then again its not the first time CS doesn't have correct info.

i think its pretty common knowledge now that you have to take whatever they say with a grain of salt. for example, last week CS told me the rear tailgate glass flips open. i'll believe it when i see it.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

well, its weird CS would say its 60/40 when the animated graphic on their website has been showing the seats fold and how much luggage you can store has shown that the 2nd row splits 40/20/40. but then again its not the first time CS doesn't have correct info.

i think its pretty common knowledge now that you have to take whatever they say with a grain of salt. for example, last week CS told me the rear tailgate glass flips open. i'll believe it when i see it.
They may consider it 60/40 because although the center can be put down independently, it is dependent on the passenger-side seat in order to be up and if that seat is folded it must be folded too, plus the seat cushion would be shared. However, I can't think of any practical reason why you would want to leave just the center seat up, and I'd figure most 40/20/40 seats work in a similar fashion.

Another thing these photos prove is the rear liftgate latches only into the tailgate, so there would be no way to leave the tailgate open while keeping the liftgate closed as some people have requested.

Last edited:

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I know there has been bit of discussion about having captain's chair in the second row but a real simple solution would be to have removable middle seat section all together to allow access to the 3rd row.

When we used to carpool our kids to middle school before they started driving, we got rid of our XC90 for Odyssey minivan for ease of carrying bunch of kids to school and back. It had a removable middle 2nd row seat.

Since then the mini van was tossed as soon as they started driving themselves.

Something to keep in mind is that kids grow up and carseat specs change as they get older too. From full car seat to booster seat to not needing one.
Sponsored