Sponsored

Rivian’s Stock Slide Deepens as Operating Chief Steps Down

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Here is a surprisingly complimentary article from Motley Fool that makes a very good point about Rivian needing to better manage investor expectations.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Plus that pic of the "hot rod" burnout (Older Charger/Camaro or something) is REALLY ridiculous and lazy on their part. At LEAST put a relevant picture!!
Jimmy Breslin, the legendary columnist, once said, "Media, the plural of mediocrity." He's been gone for about five years, but I think he would've agreed that the online media companies have done little to change that characterization since coming on the scene.

When I see an error like this, I wonder "Lazy, or crazy like a fox"? I'm going to guess that "CEO Resigns" will outdraw a similar headline about any other position. Specifically, it will likely draw many more clicks than if they got it right.

"Oops! Our bad, but thanks for the additional ad revenue!"

Maybe it was prescient that they named their Company "Yahoo!", with an exclamation point. ;)

WheeledLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Juiced HyperScorpion
Occupation
Thinker
Here is a surprisingly complimentary article from Motley Fool that makes a very good point about Rivian needing to better manage investor expectations.
C'mon...Motley Fool has used Rivian as clickbait since the IPO to sell their stock-picking services. Every one of their seemingly insightful articles about any public company ends with...sign with us and we will give you much better stocks to buy than the company that you just finished reading about...

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

C'mon...Motley Fool has used Rivian as clickbait since the IPO to sell their stock-picking services. Every one of their seemingly insightful articles about any public company ends with...sign with us and we will give you much better stocks to buy than the company that you just finished reading about...
"But wait! Order or upgrade your subscription before midnight tonight, and we'll throw in a FREE set of Ginsu knives! *

(*shipping charges are only $199 95.)"

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
"But wait! Order or upgrade your subscription before midnight tonight, and we'll throw in a FREE set of Ginsu knives! *

(*shipping charges are only $199 95.)"
My Roncomatic is already on its way. I used my entire stash of S&H Green Stamps to get it!

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Kind of funny people pointing out his background in motorcycles like that's why he's leaving. Pretty sure RJ had access to his linkedin and resume to see his experience before hiring him. :CWL:
Are you sure? I applied for the job and my Linked-in is private. Maybe that's why I didn't get it?! Shit.

Seriously though, folks in this thread have more nuanced takes than you're giving them credit for.

People get hired with adjacent experience in business all the time -- especially at the C levels. That doesn't mean it always works out to be the right experience. Sometimes even people with all the right experience turn out to be the wrong fit.

Personally I like the theory that he came out of retirement to get them off the ground. But it could be something personal, or medical, or 100 other things.

Truth is we're all speculating and no one here knows and likely no one here will ever know. But it's It's fun to speculate. We're all cooped up inside, excitedly waiting for our trucks, in the middle of a pandemic. What else are we gonna do?

All that said I think the real reason is pretty obvious. Unfortunately they may never admit it publicly for legal reasons.... but we all know it. You just cant keep someone who wore a Hawaiian shirt to the office when it wasn't even Hawaiian shirt day.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Anyone actually believe that a new IPO EV company was going to come out with an $80+ Billion valuation having produced essentially zero revenue and have consistent smooth gains? Of coarse not, EVERYBODY knew it would be a wild ride. I won't pretend to know what will cause the next downswing or upswing but don't we all know they will happen. I believe (hope) Rivian continues to hire and cycle through the right talent at the right time on their journey while maintaining a positive transformational culture.
Glass half full, anyone who also believes can now buy as much stock at the IPO price as they wish!
Sponsored