Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Umm sounds like they are starting to have trouble shifting some quad R1Ts. At least when the enduro drive comes along soon they can have a backlog again to buffer them.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Looks like they are trying to crank out as much inventory as possible before the end of the quarter.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Wonder if they are going to do that at more Service Centers. I dropped my R1S at the Costa Mesa Service Center today and they had rows and rows of R1's lined up. They might be all accounted for, but if that is the case, they need a faster way to get those out the door. Also, if you are getting service done there, they did not have any Rivian loaners available. They had Enterprise pick me up so I could get a prearranged loaner. Ended up with a nice Mercedes SUV, so I'm not mad at all. It is the first Mercedez I've ever driven, and I'm not mad about it.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Service appointments are 2-months out at the Costa Mesa SC. They even added a 2nd shift for technicians. Rivian has outgrown the location.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Service appointments are 2-months out at the Costa Mesa SC. They even added a 2nd shift for technicians. Rivian has outgrown the location.
It took about 3 weeks to get a service appointment for me at Costa Mesa but none of the items were detrimental to the function of the car. All were things pointed out at delivery and I just waited a couple weeks to see if anything else was needed. It was Hopefully it gets better. A third and fourth service center to take vehicles from the Inland Empire or Valley would be helpful.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Interesting. I have had 3 service visits at the CM SC. All of them were 8-weeks out.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
as a shareholder, the Count encourages throwing as much against the sales wall as possible to see what sticks.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
It took about 3 weeks to get a service appointment for me at Costa Mesa but none of the items were detrimental to the function of the car. All were things pointed out at delivery and I just waited a couple weeks to see if anything else was needed. It was Hopefully it gets better. A third and fourth service center to take vehicles from the Inland Empire or Valley would be helpful.
My appt I set earlier this week at the el segundo SC is 2.5 months out. All it needs is calibration but they’re backed up. They really need to farm out more general tasks to other vendors!

Sponsored

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Maybe we can get rid of all the Newport Yuppies that are clogging the queue

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
My R1S is sitting at CM waiting for delivery. I can’t get the a delivery date until next week. Bummed.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I'm all for this. With the volume the factory is likely running at, having a few dozen vehicles for immediate sale at the factory sounds smart. Keep in mind Rivian isn't spending any $ on advertising yet. Plus this is a great end of Q2 push.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

It’s unfortunate that my R1T hasn’t been declared totaled yet. I would be fine with flying out to St Louis and driving to Normal to pick out a replacement truck.

JettePack

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Rivian R1S, 2022 YukonXL, Camry Hybrid
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner/Army
Clubs

I got the same email. I live in Indianapolis and I’m a pending R1S owner. I wonder how many they’ll actually sell. I wonder if they’d let me do a test drive…. Hmmmm
Sponsored