RIS LE delivery update

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
I finally received a reply to my 6/10 inquiry...still a mystery as to when the RIS LE will be delivered.

Greetings Amy,

I hope this finds you well, and we appreciate your support being a long-time member of the preorder community. As we continue to scale both the R1T and R1S as soon as possible, we are excited to get you behind the wheel, and on the road towards cleaner adventures this year.

On June 11th, we began rolling out updated delivery window estimates to preorder holders expected to take delivery in 2022, as well as those who previously received a delivery window in 2022 but have since pushed later. We’ll continue to send delivery timing updates to our remaining preorder holders, including yourself, anytime between now and the end of summer as the next round of updates is expected to roll out on July 1st with details surrounding your R1S Launch Edition reservation.
And as you may know already, the delivery timing for your R1T reflects November - December 2022 and we look forward to delivering this R1 to your home in the coming months. I understand the importance of having the most up-to-date information surrounding your order, and we appreciate your patience as we continue to ramp production here in Normal, IL.

In the meantime, If any other questions arise, please don't hesitate to reply if any other questions or comments arise.

Enjoy the rest of your day and have a safe weekend. Talk soon!

Your fellow adventurer,
Bryan
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)
Sponsored

Sher

First Name
Sher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian LE R1S
So you never got a new delivery window?

OP
OP

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
Not for my R1S LE reservation. That communication could come anytime between 7/1 and the end of the Summer.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I read this as saying all remaining R1S Launch Editions will be included in the 7/1 update. This guidance is consistent with what they've been saying all along. The first groups to be updated are those who still have 2022 delivery dates, and those who previously had been given 2022 dates but have slipped into 2023. Most of the former should have been included in the 6/11 updates, so I expect the 7/1 update will predominantly be the latter. The group who never had 2022 delivery dates will be those who won't be updated until the end of summer.

OP
OP

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
I read this as saying all remaining R1S Launch Editions will be included in the 7/1 update. This guidance is consistent with what they've been saying all along. The first groups to be updated are those who still have 2022 delivery dates, and those who previously had been given 2022 dates but have slipped into 2023. Most of the former should have been included in the 6/11 updates, so I expect the 7/1 update will predominantly be the latter. The group who never had 2022 delivery dates will be those who won't be updated until the end of summer.
I hope you are correct!!

Sponsored

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Well I hope you are wrong ;)...I guess we (LE preorders) will find out soon enough

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I just want the new dates. I'll be disappointed if (when) they slip from what I got before. But not getting anything from Rivian is what is angering people IMO.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
The way the emails were written, Rivian should have sent updates within 2 weeks of June 10 to anyone with:
1. preorder holders expected to take delivery in 2022,
2. as well as those who previously received a delivery window in 2022 but have since pushed later.

My Nov. 2021 window for an R1S LE was for July - Sept.

If my 2022 window is different I should have already received an update as part of group 1. If my window is now 2023, which is what I am sure it will be, I should have received an update as part of group 2. Either way these updates should have gone out by Jun 26 at the latest.

July 1 through the end of summer is a bunch more of Rivian failures and BS.

The vehicle is still gorgeous but it's nearly impossible to root for the success of a company that so regularly falls short of communicating honestly.

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
The person I spoke at Rivian with made it sound like they were going through configurations one at a time for anyone that switched from OC to BM to determine new windows. I was Oct-Dec and I do expect to move to 2023, but I have a glimmer of hope that the switch to BM will keep me in my window.

Counterpoint - if OC is going to be ready by 'fall' then those of us with late year windows shouldn't be affected beyond the catch-up of R1Ts that have been waiting for OC. Clearly I am very confused.

I am not LE, but I have to be one of the first few non-LE so I am hoping for an email on Friday whether it's good news or bad.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I finally received a reply to my 6/10 inquiry...still a mystery as to when the RIS LE will be delivered.

Greetings Amy,

I hope this finds you well, and we appreciate your support being a long-time member of the preorder community. As we continue to scale both the R1T and R1S as soon as possible, we are excited to get you behind the wheel, and on the road towards cleaner adventures this year.

On June 11th, we began rolling out updated delivery window estimates to preorder holders expected to take delivery in 2022, as well as those who previously received a delivery window in 2022 but have since pushed later. We’ll continue to send delivery timing updates to our remaining preorder holders, including yourself, anytime between now and the end of summer as the next round of updates is expected to roll out on July 1st with details surrounding your R1S Launch Edition reservation.
And as you may know already, the delivery timing for your R1T reflects November - December 2022 and we look forward to delivering this R1 to your home in the coming months. I understand the importance of having the most up-to-date information surrounding your order, and we appreciate your patience as we continue to ramp production here in Normal, IL.

In the meantime, If any other questions arise, please don't hesitate to reply if any other questions or comments arise.

Enjoy the rest of your day and have a safe weekend. Talk soon!

Your fellow adventurer,
Bryan
Weekdays: 7 AM-8 PM (CST)
Weekends: 10:30 AM-7 PM (CST)
2018 preorder holder.....!!! Wtf Rivian

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Reactions: Rad
OP
OP

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
I had a delivery window of May/June. No update, hoping for some sort of communication on 7/1.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

The way the emails were written, Rivian should have sent updates within 2 weeks of June 10 to anyone with:
1. preorder holders expected to take delivery in 2022,
2. as well as those who previously received a delivery window in 2022 but have since pushed later.

My Nov. 2021 window for an R1S LE was for July - Sept.

If my 2022 window is different I should have already received an update as part of group 1. If my window is now 2023, which is what I am sure it will be, I should have received an update as part of group 2. Either way these updates should have gone out by Jun 26 at the latest.

July 1 through the end of summer is a bunch more of Rivian failures and BS.

The vehicle is still gorgeous but it's nearly impossible to root for the success of a company that so regularly falls short of communicating honestly.
i dont know what's more frustrating:
1. lack of communication
2. communication thats vague and hard to decipher
3. continual failure to meet their own self-imposed deadlines

stumptown85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, XC60, Dakota
Occupation
Engineer
I had a delivery window of May/June. No update, hoping for some sort of communication on 7/1.
I spoke to CS yesterday because I was in the original July/September window and have not heard anything. I see a lot of April/May window people being told November time frames and wanted to get a confirmation it'll be 2023 since I assumed it was basically just shifting everything right. They told me it's entirely possible I will be moved up to the same new window as people who were originally moths ahead of me. CS said proximity is being weighted heavier than in the last set of estimates and California in general is sitting pretty high on all the metrics they weigh. I am only about 20 minutes from the South SF SC, so I guess we will see this week.

My wife runs operations for a startup in SF and thinks Rivian communications and CS leadership is completely dysfunctional. She said generally you need to have the communications in final draft form when you send out something saying you will provide an update over the next two weeks. All indicators point to poor cross functional communication between planning and the comms team. It also doesn't make any sense that they didn't send out any communication they would not delivery on time by 3+ months until after they completely missed the entire April/May window and were telling May folks up through the final week they were delivering to customers and no change. There is a level of incompetence here that is stunning... they should know well before May wk 5 you are pushing initial customer deliveries to September. Component delivery commitments and line planning doesn't happen days in advance of actual input.
Sponsored