First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
I stopped by 2289 Dabney Rd. in Richmond today. I was able to talk to one of the construction contractors. Very pleasant to chat with. He informed me that they were almost done with phase one. They will return for phase two sometime in March when the previous tenant vacates the other half of the building. He mentioned that this is only the second service center on the east coast and that Rivian expects to deliver around 300 trucks a month out of this center. He also said that they were heading to Delaware next to open another service center there.
Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon IMG_2392

Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon IMG_2391
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I stopped by 2289 Dabney Rd. in Richmond today. I was able to talk to one of the construction contractors. Very pleasant to chat with. He informed me that they were almost done with phase one. They will return for phase two sometime in March when the previous tenant vacates the other half of the building. He mentioned that this is only the second service center on the east coast and that Rivian expects to deliver around 300 trucks a month out of this center. He also said that they were heading to Delaware next to open another service center there.
IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

Thanks so much for stopping by! This is great to know!!

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

@Joints4Sale , I was just thinking of driving by this morning, so thank you for posting this and talking to the contractors! Very exciting for us Richmond reservation holders, but I’m not sure I can wait until my June/July R1S delivery date! :oops:

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
This pretty much confirms there is no DC or NOVA center right now. Interesting.
Also amazing a contractor would have that much knowledge about delivery volume Hopefully we see that lot full of trucks shortly.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I wonder where in Delaware this new center will be. Hopefully Wilmington to cover SE PA.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Today at the Richmond VA service center.
Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon 8F5E6535-517D-4681-BEC4-5F1143188A63
Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon 23314674-39E5-496C-984C-7534FE87B3FB
Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon C8BFCA09-1C49-42D7-925E-1F2CC627C82A

I talked to a bunch of nice folks today. The white R1T belongs to an employee from the Boston area. They’re putting the finishing touches on the center. I was told that they will officially open on Friday and at that point will be slotted to receive trucks. I was also told that one of the reasons for not being contacted by a guide was because the service center wasn’t open yet. Crossing my fingers that I’ll get a call from a guide next week.

SO EXCITED!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Today at the Richmond VA service center.
8F5E6535-517D-4681-BEC4-5F1143188A63.jpeg
23314674-39E5-496C-984C-7534FE87B3FB.jpeg
C8BFCA09-1C49-42D7-925E-1F2CC627C82A.jpeg

I talked to a bunch of nice folks today. The white R1T belongs to an employee from the Boston area. They’re putting the finishing touches on the center. I was told that they will officially open on Friday and at that point will be slotted to receive trucks. I was also told that one of the reasons for not being contacted by a guide was because the service center wasn’t open yet. Crossing my fingers that I’ll get a call from a guide next week.

SO EXCITED!

Ty for scoping it out!!!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Can we just drop by to see an R1T? I've never seen one in person. ?
That would be great. Seems like these service/delivery centers are also fulfilling the needs of a hub. Shame Rivian is so slow with the hubs - one open and that was four plus months ago.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Maybe I’ll stop by on my way to and from work…every day! :CWL:

Sponsored

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

Yes thanks @Joints4Sale for stopping by and for the pics!
If they start filling up with R1Ts for delivery I may need to make a road trip down just to see the exterior colors IRL.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I just drove by today around 8:15AM since today is the opening day per @Joints4Sale but there weren't any R1Ts or any activity visible yet. There were 2 teslas charging on the Rivian Chargers but that is all I saw. I am guessing I was too early? :(
I can try and swing by this afternoon to see if anything is happening.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Are they "open" or is the building just "completed" with employees in it. The Service Center by my house(Bellevue Wa) is definitely completed but hardly what I would call "open".

OP
OP

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just drove by today around 8:15AM since today is the opening day per @Joints4Sale but there weren't any R1Ts or any activity visible yet. There were 2 teslas charging on the Rivian Chargers but that is all I saw. I am guessing I was too early? :(
I can try and swing by this afternoon to see if anything is happening.
I think that all the service centers that are opening (including the one in Rockville MD) are ready to process trucks for delivery and provide service. I don’t think they’re intended to be sales centers or intended to be Hubs like the one in California.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I think that all the service centers that are opening (including the one in Rockville MD) are ready to process trucks for delivery and provide service. I don’t think they’re intended to be sales centers or intended to be Hubs like the one in California.
Yeah, but maybe, as a LE Reservation holder (we know we are special! :CWL:) they would want to hangout and show off the R1T! Not holding my breath, but maybe they are cool.
Sponsored