First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
They're delivering trucks. Spoke to an employee and he told me they had a delivery today in NC.

Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon IMG_2636

Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon IMG_2637

Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon IMG_2638

Obligatory shot with the Rivian signage
Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon IMG_2641
Sponsored

OP
OP

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
First Compass Yellow showing up in Richmond.
Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon 5D1382C1-76CA-46F7-A41F-B8D3362BC728

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
@Joints4Sale or anyone else been at the RVA SC? I'm curious to know if they have number of R1Ts ready to be delivered?

OP
OP

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
@Joints4Sale or anyone else been at the RVA SC? I'm curious to know if they have number of R1Ts ready to be delivered?
There were a bunch of trucks there last week. I'll be there tomorrow or Wednesday and will take some pics.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon 240B1820-7BD6-423E-904D-035E57B8D3DA

Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon C76BB533-2543-48C4-B9CB-F4C581DF0116

Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon 1F5F34F8-6791-4C3D-85AA-0FC7A426C40E

Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon 00CE330E-50C8-4631-AAD6-2342E3FDA87B

Rivian R1T R1S Richmond Service Center to be open soon 7817025A-3886-4B88-BEE2-DF78AF5421B2

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
@Joints4Sale great work, thanks!

Man, I don't know if I should be hopeful.. seems like a decent number of trucks waiting. Coooooome ooooon Rivian

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I spoke to one of their flatbed drivers last week
She said most days she's driving to NC to do deliveries now. FWIW.

NeuronBasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, VW Taos
Clubs

I'm driving up from the Raleigh area tomorrow to pick mine up. They told me it would be mid June before they could deliver it to me, or I could drive up on Saturday to get it. That was not a hard decision.

Related, has anyone heard any news about the South Hill service center? That one will be 1.5 hours closer to me here than the Richmond one, which will make a huge difference for service needs until NC gets their head out and lets Rivian operate here.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'm driving up from the Raleigh area tomorrow to pick mine up. They told me it would be mid June before they could deliver it to me, or I could drive up on Saturday to get it. That was not a hard decision.

Related, has anyone heard any news about the South Hill service center? That one will be 1.5 hours closer to me here than the Richmond one, which will make a huge difference for service needs until NC gets their head out and lets Rivian operate here.
Interesting that they are so far backed up with the small volume now that home delivery is over two weeks out. The model is not good, one employee can deliver one truck a day if the journey is 90 minutes or more each way. So 250 deliveries a year per employee plus the cost of the delivery truck and diesel. Very expensive when the same employee for SC pick up could do four in a day and no additional delivery costs.

Sponsored

NeuronBasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, VW Taos
Clubs

Interesting that they are so far backed up with the small volume now that home delivery is over two weeks out. The model is not good, one employee can deliver one truck a day if the journey is 90 minutes or more each way. So 250 deliveries a year per employee plus the cost of the delivery truck and diesel. Very expensive when the same employee for SC pick up could do four in a day and no additional delivery costs.
I would not be surprised if they deliberately put me further back in the queue because the 3 hour drive each way to deliver my truck would burn the entire day for the delivery employee, expecting that I would opt to make the trip instead. They were right.

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
I spoke to one of their flatbed drivers last week
She said most days she's driving to NC to do deliveries now. FWIW.
Thanks for the info. I'll say the obligatory I'm happy for the NC owners to get their truck, but WTF, so many of us local pre order people don't even have a guide....

Inthedmv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Launch Green R1T
I live so close to the Rockville, MD location that the delivery guy drove the truck to my house and took an Uber home. Hopefully the permanent location is that convenient.

skndiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Green) OC and 4 Runner
Occupation
Project Manager
I think that all the service centers that are opening (including the one in Rockville MD) are ready to process trucks for delivery and provide service. I don’t think they’re intended to be sales centers or intended to be Hubs like the one in California.
We were in the area and since we were staying in Short Pump, VA, we decided to drop by the Rivian Service Center. Prior to our visit, we've watched a lot of you tube videos on performance and capabilities of the R1S. As opposed to the pictures posted here, the back lot was about 50% full. Then I met a lady who was very helpful. I explained that I was in the area, and I wanted to show (a.k.a convince) my wife that we should buy a R1S. Even though I didn't have an appointment and have not put down the $1K deposit, she arranged for another employee to drive one in front of the building for us to see. She just requested that we do not take pictures because all of the Rivians in the lot are already own and they respect the property of their customers. We didn't even wait that long and me and my wife were able to see a R1S and its interior accommodations which is hard to gauge just by looking online. The employee was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions except for one. We were very pleased with our visit and decided to go online that day and put down the $1K deposit. That said, the service center is not a sales center but if you make an appointment, they will be glad to give you a demo.
Sponsored