Sponsored

Rich Rebuilds: What my $37K Rivian Accident Repair Reveals about the Tesla Cybertrucks Design Flaw

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up about this boring video. I scrolled through it fast......I wasted 2 mins.......that I can't get back.

I had to laugh at the end when he said "this is just as good as the Rivian except the size, the room, the speed......" basically it isn't
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've got to imagine there is a solution. Whether it's fading the resprayed area into the rest of the body panel or some other technique. I feel like Rivian hasn't had time to suggest an alternative repair method so shops are going to milk this for all $37k.
The solution is to have repair panels instead of needing to replace the entire side panel of the truck. Rivian is probably hesitant to do that because it's really hard to get a decent paint job only repainting part of a continuous panel.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

he mentions the Honda ridge line had the same single piece design before they redesigned it with the separate bed.
Ha, ha ,ha NO. Honda ridgeline is still a unibody vehicle. The only made it look like the bed is a separate piece. That’s their solution to “the unibody ridgeline is fugly “ point of view.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

If you watch his crap, he gets paid. Don't watch his crap.
So if my notes are correct, we've got:

Rich Rebuilds
Brandon Flasch
Out of Spec Kyle
The guy with the big bald head who's always waving his arms around in thumbnails

Any other "influencers" to add to my list of people not to watch? 😆

As someone who legitimately runs a YouTube channel of how-to DIY videos (6,200 subs, 3M views, mostly on Chevy Colorado's and computer repair), this clickbait influencer culture really "grinds my gears."

Sponsored

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Ha, ha ,ha NO. Honda ridgeline is still a unibody vehicle. The only made it look like the bed is a separate piece. That’s their solution to “the unibody ridgeline is fugly “ point of view.
While true, the seam makes a good cut point for repairs. This is quoted from Honda PR.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

While true, the seam makes a good cut point for repairs. This is quoted from Honda PR.
Agreed. It would. If only Honda made an EV ridgeline, I’d own a blue one.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The solution is to have repair panels instead of needing to replace the entire side panel of the truck. Rivian is probably hesitant to do that because it's really hard to get a decent paint job only repainting part of a continuous panel.
They probably don’t want to divert production capacity to making repair sections.
Sponsored