Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
As a roadracer/autocrosser I was really hoping that was going to be something other than a drag strip :cool:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

As a roadracer/autocrosser I was really hoping that was going to be something other than a drag strip :cool:
Apparently EVs aren't currently allowed at my nearby track that holds HDPEs because they don't have the proper equipment to deal with an EV emergency. Otherwise I would have already taken my R1T. When I asked what their timeline was, it sounds like they weren't making any progress on it.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Thanks for sharing. I had no idea about this. I wonder what taking it to any regular tire place for a rotation would be like.

Rivian R1T R1S Rich Rebuilds: Takes a Rivian to the racetrack 1650845960415

Is this carbon fiber part of the off road package, or comes with all of them?

Rivian R1T R1S Rich Rebuilds: Takes a Rivian to the racetrack 1650846215718

Hopfully China’s COVID problem is not serious (yup, I care about other earthlings).

Rivian R1T R1S Rich Rebuilds: Takes a Rivian to the racetrack 1650846363134

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I will say after watching this is I am double checking how tightly screwed everything is under the car when I get my Rivian. It looked like several areas were very loose (like hand tightened, but loose) or even missing screws

Sponsored

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
One time I spent like 75k on building an 11 second car. It was cool but there was no room in the back for hot chicks. Now I’ll finally have an11.6 car but I’ll be married with dogs…

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I will say after watching this is I am double checking how tightly screwed everything is under the car when I get my Rivian. It looked like several areas were very loose (like hand tightened, but loose) or even missing screws
I'll probably do the same. One of the rocker panels wasn't screwed on right on my Model S, and ended up hanging down and getting damaged after many miles of driving. Luckily fixed under warranty, but I'd rather get it fixed before it breaks.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Apparently EVs aren't currently allowed at my nearby track that holds HDPEs because they don't have the proper equipment to deal with an EV emergency. Otherwise I would have already taken my R1T. When I asked what their timeline was, it sounds like they weren't making any progress on it.
Interesting. EVs are frequently on tracks so makes me wonder if most are specially equipped or haven’t thought about it.

If I end up with the R1T I can pretty much guarantee it will be autocrossed at least once. Can’t say that for the Lightning or the Evalanche ;)

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Anyone that has owned both a Model 3 and has an R1T that can chime in on the hot take about the M3 vs R1T Meridian sound system? Pretty skeptical on that.

Also curious if you all have the same take on the charge port door?

Sponsored

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
I have cancelled both my R1T and my R1S reservations because I don’t own a single piece of Patagonia gear much less have a man bun. I will admit that I do like Jack Johnson though. Bummer - I just wanted to fit in and belong to the Rivanian crowd.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks for sharing. I had no idea about this. I wonder what taking it to any regular tire place for a rotation would be like.

1650845960415.png

Is this carbon fiber part of the off road package, or comes with all of them?

1650846215718.png

Hopfully China’s COVID problem is not serious (yup, I care about other earthlings).

1650846363134.png
I'd think that's what a standard underbody would look like. From what I recall the Off Road package wasn't visible from just looking at the underside of the vehicle. Could be wrong though.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I'd think that's what a standard underbody would look like. From what I recall the Off Road package wasn't visible from just looking at the underside of the vehicle. Could be wrong though.
‘It looks like they had to remove a bunch of pieces to put it on the lift and only after that they could see the piece I posted above. It looks like every time you take it to your local mechanic, they have to do this. A time machine would be nice to go see what after warranty costs are. If any owners see their R1 on Rivian lift, please take a photo before they take it apart. Especially close up of the contact point. I am curious to see if they have to take these panels off before the lift as well. It does not make sense having a design that forces you to go under the vehicle before lifting it so I doubt Rivian is doing this.

Rivian R1T R1S Rich Rebuilds: Takes a Rivian to the racetrack 1650888113052

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Curious how you intend on doing that. Every bolt usually has a torque spec that's really only available in a service manual. AFAIK Rivian hasn't made them publicly available yet.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Interesting. EVs are frequently on tracks so makes me wonder if most are specially equipped or haven’t thought about it.

If I end up with the R1T I can pretty much guarantee it will be autocrossed at least once. Can’t say that for the Lightning or the Evalanche ;)
I know for a fact that the track had EVs racing there early in the season last year. I don't know what happened between then and now. I'm guessing they had an incident that got out of hand. Standard fire-fighting equipment won't really tackle a lithium battery fire.
Sponsored