Sponsored

Rhino Lining/LineX/Grizzly Grip spray the plastic exterior trim?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Other than our friend who went ahead and had his entire truck sprayed, has anyone inquired about or gotten a quote to have the plastic exterior trim sprayed (to include the top parts on the bed). One thing that stood out to me on my drive today was that the top rails of the bed didn't feel super sturdy. I'd already been considering all of the lower black plastic trim but I'm curious if anyone's gotten a quote and what the shop plans to do about things like the capacitive touch for the charge door and all of the cameras.
Sponsored

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
I momentarily had the same thought before I had my truck, after reading someone complaining about the plastic. But now that I have mine, I just don’t think it’s that practical to spray in a bed liner. There are so many *things* in the back. The spare tire door, the release for the door, the compressor, the plugs, the bed lights, the tailgate gap filling piece (whatever it’s called), the access panel for the tonneau, the tonneau tracks. I’m not sure a bed liner is practical. I’m also not sure that it’s really needed.

Edit: I just realized you mean more than just the bed. I’ll bite my tongue on that one.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The new Toyota Tundra offers a spray in bed liner for their composite bed.
Sponsored