Sponsored

Request for any Seattle area folks with an R1S

rivn-nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID4, Prius V
Hey folks,

Long time visitor/lurker on the forums and an early believer in Rivian (08/19 pre-order - I have an order email that says "production will begin in 2020" :) ... posting this here in the hope that one of you lucky folks with an R1S in the area can help out.

The good news: My R1S with an Ocean Coast interior (Rivian Blue exterior) is apparently on its way to Seattle by rail with delivery in mid-April. Fingers crossed on no issues, etc. I'm completing the "n step" process now which is weird in its own way (for instance, no "purchase order" == no financing from DCU/PenFed, still trying to wrangle that with Rivian)

The bad news: I've never seen an R1S or driven an R1S/R1T. Missed the test drive last summer (was never invited, presumably because I wasn't an R1T preorder holder). My guide checked and was told "no sales activity anymore in WA state" including test drives or looking at any vehicle in the Bellevue SC. Portland test drives are shut down till early April (they're focused on deliveries only apparently) and the only openings in April are mid-week (can't take a full day off for this) before my presumed delivery date - and they can't guarantee that I would get to see an R1S.

The major sticking point is trying out the 2nd/3rd row for car seat fit (we have 2 young girls, car seats or boosters are a must for a few years). The only option I have is take delivery of my vehicle and return it in 7 days if it doesn't work for us (sigh Rivian and WA state laws).

The request: Would anyone with an R1S mind spending 30 minutes showing off their vehicle and letting me try out the 2nd and 3rd row seating? Happy to meet in place of your choice at a day/time of your convenience (weekends are easiest of course)... I live on the East side, but can drive anywhere within an hour or two. I would be very grateful and happy to buy you lunch or coffee/beer or something... and pay the favor forward to some other R1S reservation holder.

If you can help, please reply on this thread or send me a DM on the forum and I'll share my phone number, etc. and coordinate.

Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP

rivn-nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID4, Prius V
Hi PappaBolt, thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it! Will take the conversation to the private thread you started and see if we can work something out.
Sponsored