Sponsored

Renting a camp tent for cross country trip.

nani

First Name
pavan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Hello fellow Rivian adventurers,

My wife and I are planning a cross country trip June and July of this year. I was looking at the iKamper camp tents and those are pretty expensive.So, I want to lean on my expert campers here to see if there are possibilities to rent these tents or If there is anyone out there not planning on using your own during that time and willing to rent it out that would be awesome as well. I live in Massachusetts I can come pick it up anywhere around North East.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Rivian owner since June 2022
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

If I were to guess the cost to rent one of these tents for 2 months would likely be greater than the depreciation on one. You could look at some lower cost alternatives for example from Overland Vehicle Systems or Ironman 4x4. I think both offer a similar hard shell design for less than $2k the difference being the quality of the mattress and the zippers etc. Of course if you want to resell after your trip a higher quality one would probably hold it's value better.

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
We bought one for a two-week trip out west and sold it a year later. The depreciation was far less than even a two-week rental.
Sponsored