Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
8216AB37-AA5B-4ABD-A4FF-9046BFC5FC1D.jpeg
4B4C7630-722D-4AAB-8E7D-6FF423B6538C.jpeg

These seem to fit very well.

KitsPro 2.25Inch 57MM Wheel Center Caps for Tesla Model S Model X Model Y Model 3 Rim Hub Caps 6005879 00 A , Pack of 4 (Gunmetal Gray, Outer 57MM , Inner 50MM) https://a.co/d/3KiT5mh

The decal is from TWRAPS
Sold out now on Amazon…..
Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I admire the ingenuity here, but I hope Rivian plans on offering official caps that match the look of the integrated ones in the aero covers.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I admire the ingenuity here, but I hope Rivian plans on offering official caps that match the look of the integrated ones in the aero covers.
Someone posted this on the rivian discord, not sure where it’s actually posted on since I don’t know much about instagram.
Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy IMG_3698

Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY

Boby1Kenobee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canyon Red R1T Adventure
Someone posted this on the rivian discord, not sure where it’s actually posted on since I don’t know much about instagram.
IMG_3698.jpg
When I picked up my truck last week, they told me not to expect any of the accessories I ordered (cargo bars and floor mats) any time soon. Considering everything Rivian’s got going on, I’m not gonna count on them being able to quickly deliver even something as simple as a center cap. This whole solution cost me $25 and allowed me to take off those hideous aero caps right away. When the official center cap shows up, it should be a simple replacement.

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
My caps just arrived, snapped right into place! Look 1,000X better than no caps, color match very good, fit is nice and tight.

Even though I have the Twraps logo stickers, I decided to use them without the additional logo and think they look great!

The truck really doesn't need another RIVIAN name or logo, there are plenty!!

Amazon ASIN B097XSWFWG

Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy Rivian wheel caps and screen - 1

Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy Rivian wheel caps and screen - 2

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I just got my first 3D printer about a month ago and I've been printing some designs on thingiverse. I was wondering what program do you guys use to design the stl files. I have a set of 20s and I wouldn't mind trying to design the aero covers that the 20s had initially.
My idea is to start with pla for an initial fitment check and later move to a more temperature resistant material.
As was posted by another individual, Tinkercad is probably the easiest place to start, but if you want to eventually do much more cool stuff, I suggest Fusion360. You can download and use a free personal version that is extremely capable, but there is a fairly steep learning curve of how to think in 3D and design surfaces and such. Autodesk which makes Fusion360 publishes great online YouTube videos (hundreds of hours which are hosted by a guy named Brad Tallis who is very talented and a good instructor). Just a thought. Good luck!!!

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Found it!

That's me, haha! RJ was quick to answer my post...

I am modifying the 3D model for a more flush fit and a hole to remove the caps should you decide to put your Aero coves back on as they are not easy to remove once snapped into place.

Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy 3dprint.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy Compass Printed

Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy cap2.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy cap3.JPG

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
That's me, haha! RJ was quick to answer my post...

I am modifying the 3D model for a more flush fit and a hole to remove the caps should you decide to put your Aero coves back on as they are not easy to remove once snapped into place.
Did you come up with a good remix of this that fits better? I plan to print some this weekend.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Did you come up with a good remix of this that fits better? I plan to print some this weekend.
I have not had time to rework the design and reprint unfortunately. I will say though, that the alternative where we purchase a generic center cap and then remove and bond the logo from the aero cover onto the cap is a very attractive option if you don't plan on using the aero covers. I will try to make time this weekend if life allows, haha cheers!

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I have not had time to rework the design and reprint unfortunately. I will say though, that the alternative where we purchase a generic center cap and then remove and bond the logo from the aero cover onto the cap is a very attractive option if you don't plan on using the aero covers. I will try to make time this weekend if life allows, haha cheers!
I think the generic center caps plus t-wraps stickers is what I plan to do if no OEM option is available through Rivian
Sponsored