First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Me too...Decided to go with the 21s, but definitely taking off the Aero. So need center caps for sure.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Well… Is anyone making these yet?

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

I would buy a set of these as well.

Sponsored

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt
I would too! Just picked up my R1T this weekend with 21s, and would love to take them off and have center caps!

Beanie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Occupation
Worker
Would you be willing to print a couple of sets of these and send to me? I'd pay for your time, materials and postage.

Brian Goodwin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Six Miatas, Fiat 124, Dakota V8, Ridgeline
Occupation
Fun Car Parts
Somebody mass produce....so that I don't have to do it myself.

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Count me in if you decided to sell them!!! I think they look awesome in 3D.

Meanwhile, I guess we could go 2D with some $4 caps and add these for $11:
Logo Decals for Generic Wheel Caps – TWRAPS
Does anyone know what size the caps are, or have a link to where generic black caps can be purchased? The TWRAPS sticker size is 38mm, so I'm assuming that is the cap size, too? I think I'm going to try the 2D TWRAPS.

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
A few pictures of the 21" wheels with and without the aero cover.

The hole that remains without the cover has a few 'steps' in it, so it's hard to say exactly what size cap might fit best, but it is around 48.4mm (1.9").

Note that this is MUCH smaller than most other vehicle center caps, at least all the ones I'm familiar with. Most I've seen are in the 56-76mm range.

Note that the center portion on the aero cover is definitely *not* removable. There is a groove around it that makes it look like it might be, but when you look at the back you can see it is directly molded in. The little Rivian logo/badge itself looks like it might be removable, but is definitely not the correct size or shape to fill the hole left behind when removing the cover.

While I'm hopeful someone can identify a readily available plug or existing center cap that would fit perfectly, not optimistic... I think unfortunately it will have to be a custom injection molded or 3D printed solution.

Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy Rivian aero cover - 1 (3)
Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy Rivian aero cover - 2
Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy Rivian aero cover - 1 (2)
Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy Rivian aero cover - 1 (1)
Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy Rivian aero cover - 1

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Got my R1T today and had these 3D Printed center caps ready to go. Looks much better without the covers.

Rivian R1T R1S Removing 21" wheel aero covers + 3d printed hub cap = clean, easy IMG_0304

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
You can see the calipers now! Great job...

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
It's pretty obvious that a demand exists for a set of 21" center caps after the plastic aero trim piece is removed.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
I’m curious if the center caps on the 20 and 22” wheels would fit the 21s. I would assume so. It’s probably just a matter of waiting for replacement parts to be available.

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
Trying to decide on wheels, so quick question: Why get the 21's and take the aero's off vs. just getting 22's?

This question is more for LE folks that get the 22's for the same cost as the the 21's. I assume the mileage gain from the 21's without aeros becomes less, and then you need to fool around with aftermarket caps, etc.
Sponsored