Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
From the website:

89A3A3CA-6BB9-4BBB-A7D0-E83E518DD084.jpeg
Just make sure you don’t drive behind me on the highway or you may get a flying glass in your windshield. I do forget to close those convertible latches from time to time.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
After what Ford went through with the Bronco I think I’ll wait to see what that removable option looks like:rain:

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I have very low hopes the removable roof option will show up this year, even though I'd get it immediately.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I am surprised they are planning tooffer this option this year. I thought they would want to minimise variations - hence the moving of Explore and max pack models to next year. That helped streamline production. This could have waited to next year too.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
This will be a cool option. No pun intended?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I am surprised they are planning tooffer this option this year. I thought they would want to minimise variations - hence the moving of Explore and max pack models to next year. That helped streamline production. This could have waited to next year too.
Max Pack was most likely delayed to maximize the number of vehicles they can produce, not reduce variations. With a finite supply of cells each month, they can ship 25% more Long Range vehicles compared to Max Pack. Movre vehicles = more profit, stable employment, etc.

Explore is the least profitable model so that's likely why they delayed that model. The options added to the Adventure increase profit.

If the removable roof model ships before my Q42022 date, I'll probably get it.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
It might appear in the configurator this year but I'll be very surprised if they start delivering them before all existing preorders have been delivered. Hope I'm wrong for the sake of those wanting to go topless.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

After what Ford went through with the Bronco I think I’ll wait to see what that removable option looks like:rain:
Can't blame someone for that, Bronco hardtops seem like a mess, and their soft tops are having trouble in snow storms. But Jeep has been doing it for years. Although I wouldn't want Jeeps solution for a $75k vehicle. And for those who say you can option a Jeep for $75k, I still wouldn't want Jeeps solution for a $75k vehicle.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
No mention of removable roof for R1S, only R1T has that info.
‘That makes sense. Removing and storing smaller glass is more manageable. But doing it in R1S would be a whole new level of functionality. Imagine the car camping you can do with that setup and the accessories that allows you to standup in an enclosed R1S.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Pretty sure webasto Isn’t supplying it.

Webasto set up an entirely new factory to build the bronco roofs, which was so dysfunctionally managed Ford had to take over operations management to get it back on track.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

With some Launch Edition deliveries currently listed for as late as July/August - offering things like this and the Max Pack this soon just feels….. I dunno, if I try to switch to a Max pack with the removable roof, would I actually get it still this year in place of my "June/July" LE window? Or would I be bumped to way later?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Offered in 2022, not sold and doubtfully delivered.

They also offered the R1T and R1S in 2018, but alas...
Sponsored