First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Yes I know people who have had a vehicle shipped over. There is lots of hoops to go through. Highly likely with a nearly new truck you wouldn't get away with saying it is personal property so you'll have to potential deal with VAT (Tax). If you happen to be going in some consular/diplomatic fashion that could make things a lot easier. Good luck.
Rivian R1T R1S Relocating to Europe with my Rivian? wwvj10e2vppy~2
Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
@demicoro Honestly? Has your order been confirmed for January delivery? If no, and if you have the patience, I would hold off on getting an American built Rivian. There has been serious talks about Rivian expanding to Europe and with them building over there, those Rivians will be built according to European specifications. Otherwise you're going to find yourself at the (nasty) receiving end of an absurd about of fees you'll have to pay on top of your vehicle to get it shipped to Europe, the taxes you have to file on top of this just for importing it, and having to get an adapter to fit European charging networks there. I mean if you got the moolah to spend and don't mind it going bye-bye, then go for it. Me personally? I'd rather wait to get a vehicle get built to meet the standards of the country I will live in, but then again, that's just me.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
FWIW...and I know this is to be taken with ginormous grain of salt but for those worried about a EuroSpec R1, size, etc... spied this on another reviewer's video about ev's...this is likely a EuroSpec Raptor in a Munich Garage, granted it's a garage with spaces rented out to a partner company of the reviewer dedicated to the auto industry it seems...not the point.

And I know it's Ford who has long established European, let alone world-wide presence but still... If size is truly a concern...there would be no Raptor there?!?

What say you?

Rivian R1T R1S Relocating to Europe with my Rivian? Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 11.19.53 AM

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Larger vehicles than the R1T are certainly are in regular use throughout Europe, but as a person who has driven through many European countries you will encounter situations where smaller is better. If the Rivian was a second vehicle, I'd say "go for it." As a primary vehicle you'll need to set some realistic expectations.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
FWIW...and I know this is to be taken with ginormous grain of salt but for those worried about a EuroSpec R1, size, etc... spied this on another reviewer's video about ev's...this is likely a EuroSpec Raptor in a Munich Garage, granted it's a garage with spaces rented out to a partner company of the reviewer dedicated to the auto industry it seems...not the point.

And I know it's Ford who has long established European, let alone world-wide presence but still... If size is truly a concern...there would be no Raptor there?!?

What say you?

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 11.19.53 AM.png
There are companies which import and homologate trucks like the f150 raptor to EU standards. You can get a Ram 3500 duallie if you really want to.
But this isnā€™t that. Itā€™s a ranger raptor. Available everywhere but North America.

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
There are companies which import and homologate trucks like the f150 raptor to EU standards. You can get a Ram 3500 duallie if you really want to.
But this isnā€™t that. Itā€™s a ranger raptor. Available everywhere but North America.
Keen eye, and solid info! Ranger Raptor makes way more sense. You can't even get creative with wordplay shortening/combining "Ranger Raptor" lol Rangtor? Ragnar...for the Scandi market? ?āœŒ

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
I think relocating to Europe with your Rivian is pushing the range and fording depth of 3 feet.
Sponsored