Sponsored

Reddit Ask MotorTrend Anything (AMA) about their R1T Adventure! [Friday 9/24, 9-11am PT]

Brian Goodwin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Six Miatas, Fiat 124, Dakota V8, Ridgeline
Occupation
Fun Car Parts
Very cool....

Did they tow during the journey, and if they did, what drop off in range did they see?

They changed a tire, any chance they noted info on back of the wheel for load rating and offset...or have a picture of backside of that wheel? I am a motorsports guy by profession, wheel load rating and offset details are of interest to me and I will be pulling my aluminum trailer with race car on it.

Last edited:

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
They probably aren't familiar with Rivian's "Membership", but if they are, I wonder if they were using any of those features specifically tied in with the "Membership"......such as "Conserve" driving mode. Hopefully that is a standard feature.

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
R1S not coming until next year according to them...

Sponsored

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

To me, this simply means that non-LE buyers of R1S
....and also according to the Rivian R1S configuration page for quite some time: "Deliveries begin January 2022."
My read on that is as it applies to non LE buyers, which is how MT answered it (in relation to eligibility for their 2021 awards). I don't read that to mean that LE R1S buyers won't get their vehicle before 1 January.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
To me, this simply means that non-LE buyers of R1S

My read on that is as it applies to non LE buyers, which is how MT answered it (in relation to eligibility for their 2021 awards). I don't read that to mean that LE R1S buyers won't get their vehicle before 1 January.
That's a pretty reasonable interpretation, particularly with respect to the R1S order/delivery dates on the rivian.com website. However, R1T deliveries are also all LE until next year, so I don't know why one would be eligible for an MT award this year while the R1S is not. Both R1S and R1T are in the same "on sale" position with respect to the non-LE general public.

EDIT: He also says the "tests happen Aug-Nov", so it may be that "this year" means "by November" in the context of his remarks, and would still leave ~1 month for R1S deliveries in 2021 once testing ends.