Recommended Interior for families

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
I need a straight answer, I am biased and desire the ocean coast interior, my husband doesn't care, but I am looking at longevity. We have a 3 year old and one on the way in June and hope to have 1-2 more in the near future. Should we stick with ocean coast or get the black interior?

What would you do in my situation. Also we will all be eating and drinking in the car at times, especially on family road trips.
Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
I have tan leather in my Infiniti. It actually wipes clean pretty easily, but over the years it’s gotten kind of a patina of dirt on it that is difficult to remove. Rub too hard and you worry you’re going to hurt the leather. So I imagine black would be better for regular dirt. But then again, when we go to the beach you see every. Single. Grain. Of sand. So maybe just pick the color you like?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I’ve never seen a light interior that still looks “clean” after a couple years — even if only used by adults.

dirtdiver

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord Hybrid, F350, Volt
Occupation
Engineer
Ive got a dog that tracks in dirt. Im going with the darker interior.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Booger green or black.

Best wishes Mom!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Honey

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
I must say that now that pricing has reverted, my R1T and R1S orders seem like a steal.

I have an LE R1T on order for me and an R1S for my husband, but I also placed 2 extra orders just in case someone offers me stupid money for my R1T or I really want an R1S when they start delivering. Just switched my second R1T order to a Max Pack because it feels like I'm getting a steal at $80k now.

Really also hope that R1Ts are not still selling for $50k over list when I get mine, else I can't pass up the $ and will be waiting an extra 6-9 months for my next order.

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

I'd love to get green, but I am not sure if it goes with blue exterior. Thanks!
That's my dream combo. They will go vey well together. But I chose GW/FE as I don't want to spend $2K on blue exterior.

Last edited:

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Do the different seat colors have different floor carpets?

Black carpets are even worse than black paint to keep looking clean. Every grain of sand/soil stands out like a star in the night sky.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I need a straight answer, I am biased and desire the ocean coast interior, my husband doesn't care, but I am looking at longevity. We have a 3 year old and one on the way in June and hope to have 1-2 more in the near future. Should we stick with ocean coast or get the black interior?
For us, we will add our 5th kid any day here so the R1S will already be stretched to it's limit on capacity.
We also like OC the best and while we know it will show more wear than black, the lighter color should "open up" the interior space to not feel as cramped.

At the moment we are leaning OC, but ultimately need to sit and see the interior of the R1S in person.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I’ve wrestled with the same choice due to a child and dog. The synthetic seating materials should prove easier to keep clean than leather or cloth, but it’s anyone’s guess until someone has one for a while. RJ said during the first First Drive event at Normal that the OC would be very easy for a family to keep clean. He doesn’t seem like a BSer but he is known for being a bit over optimistic ?

I have BM reserved now, but I really prefer the open cabin feel of OC, and now that so many people are changing to BM to move up delivery along with it being a $2k option, I also think OC may be “exclusive” In the future. I kind of like that, tbh.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

For us, we will add our 5th kid any day here so the R1S will already be stretched to it's limit on capacity.
We also like OC the best and while we know it will show more wear than black, the lighter color should "open up" the interior space to not feel as cramped.

At the moment we are leaning OC, but ultimately need to sit and see the interior of the R1S in person.
I think the idea that black doesn't show wear is a bit of a fallacy. I currently have a white interior car and the black parts generally are showing more wear than the white seats. Dirt definitely shows more on black than white. I think the biggest concern with white is color transfer from jeans or other dyed clothing, which does happen. I've always been able to clean it away with some high quality leather cleaner though.

My biggest question with the "vegan" leather is how well it holds up compared to real leather and how easy to clean it is. If it's comparable to real leather, then I don't really have concerns about the OC interior holding up.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I'd love to get green, but I am not sure if it goes with blue exterior. Thanks!
So I base my color matching off of sports teams, since I have no color coordination.

Blue + Green is the Seahawks, looks good.

CY+FE is the Packers, looks great. Just not the best color combo for the Chicago area.
Sponsored