Sponsored

Recommendations for Rivian-knowledgeable tire work in the Chester County, PA area

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Rotations, alignments, etc. just looking for someone that’s already had an R1 up on a lift so I don’t have to be patient zero.
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I would also like to know if anyone has any experience. I ended up driving to Wayne for a State Inspection a few months ago.

@atebit I called Rex Carle Automotive in Downingtown for my inspection in December due to their online reviews dealing with Teslas for state inpections. Unfortunately, the owner had retired and sold to someone else (might be called Silver Star Automotive now). The new owner called me back and said he couldn't do an inspection yet, because he was still going through paper work for the state. He did say he could recommend others in the area for the inspection, although I think he could probably do them now. I was under the impression he worked for the previous owner, so would be somewhat familiar for getting a Tesla up on a lift, although I don't know if their lifts can lift something as heavy as a Rivian.

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

@ads75 , I had my PA state inspection done at Guthriesville Tire & Auto. I do know that they’ve inspected at least one other Rivian besides mine. I don’t mind going there for a state inspection, since IMHO the cost for a PA state inspection is crazy expensive no matter where you go. But for regular tire & auto repair work, Guthriesville’s is also on the expensive side. But, if I can’t find anywhere else to go for a tire rotation I guess that’s where I’ll be going.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

@ads75 , I had my PA state inspection done at Guthriesville Tire & Auto. I do know that they’ve inspected at least one other Rivian besides mine. I don’t mind going there for a state inspection, since IMHO the cost for a PA state inspection is crazy expensive no matter where you go. But for regular tire & auto repair work, Guthriesville’s is also on the expensive side. But, if I can’t find anywhere else to go for a tire rotation I guess that’s where I’ll be going.
I went to Guthriesville this week for a tire rotation. I had no issues. I also think they may be on the expensive side, but I liked the peace of mind that they had worked on other Rivians before. And at the end of the day, would a "cheaper" place be about $20 less expensive? When my inspection is due will probably be about when my next rotation is due anyway.

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I also think they may be on the expensive side, but I liked the peace of mind that they had worked on other Rivians before.
+1 to both statements.
Sponsored