Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Email from Rivian:

Beginning in late November, the brightness of the indicator light on your Rivian Wall Charger will be lowered to optimize for both indoor and outdoor setups.

To get this update (and future ones) make sure your Wall Charger is connected to Wi-Fi. This way, you'll improve your Wall Charger's performance and functionality over time. If you haven't yet connected to Wi-Fi, just follow the steps below.

How to Connect Your Wall Charger to Wi-Fi:

Part 1: Pair to BluetoothĀ®

1. Open the Rivian App on your phone.
  2. Tap the icon at the top of the main screen, and choose Add Gear.
  3. Select Get Started, and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your circuit breaker, ensure Bluetooth is on and pair to your Wall Charger.
  4. Once the Wall Charger is paired, it will automatically connect to your Rivian Account and is ready to connect to Wi-Fi.
Part 2: Connect to Wi-Fi
  1. Tap ā€œConnect to Wi-Fiā€ to begin the Wi-Fi connection process.
  2. Select your Wi-Fi network from the list and enter your network password. If you are unable to connect to your Wi-Fi network or do not see your network name in the list of available networks, please ensure that:
    1. Your Wall Charger is located within the Wi-Fi signal range of your modem and router
    2. Your network is broadcasting in 2.4 Ghz frequency
    3. Your network name does not contain any spaces or special characters
  3. When you see the ā€œSetup Completeā€ screen, your Wall Charger is connected to Wi-Fi and your Rivian Account. To access your Wall Charger, tap the icon at the top of the Rivian App home page, and select the Wall Charger from the ā€œVehicles and Gearā€ pop out menu. In the Rivian App, you can:
    1. View charging history
    2. See Wall Charger details including power, voltage, amperage and software version
    3. Change your charger name or the Wi-Fi network itā€™s connected to
If you have more questions about your Wall Charger, weā€™re here to help. You can find more information here, or reach out for support. If you're a vehicle owner, you can also contact your Guide.
Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Got the same message. Checked the version and Iā€™m still on v03.01.47.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a way to force an upgrade. I might try powering off/on the charge to see if it will phone home and check for updates.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Got the same message. Checked the version and Iā€™m still on v03.01.47.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a way to force an upgrade. I might try powering off/on the charge to see if it will phone home and check for updates.
How do you power on and off if hardwired? I'm on 03.00.30, and didn't get the email.

Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Email says "Beginning in late November...".

In other words (aka Rivian-speak), no sooner than November 30th. I wouldn't futz with the charger until the New Year! :)

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

At the breaker
Do I did that, it's on WiFi and I can see charge history, but it isn't updating.

Rivian help online says it automatically updates, but clearly it isn't. šŸ†’

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Do I did that, it's on WiFi and I can see charge history, but it isn't updating.

Rivian help online says it automatically updates, but clearly it isn't. šŸ†’
Rolling update. May take as long as January.

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Well it says ā€œlate Novemberā€. Maybe the update isnā€™t making the OTA rounds just yet.

diurnate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Junior Rocket Surgeon
I just installed mine a couple of days ago - and itā€™s on the same 3.00 version. However it had been sitting in my basement for 3 months. So it apparently doesnā€™t look updates after a power cycle. This update is the first one announced and that address a flaw thatā€™s caused a lot of really negative feedback - my guess is that this actually the first OTA update and we are all running on whatever shipped.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Just checked, my wall charger is now running v3.01.49.

I also have Twraps tint strip installed so it was already dim, havent paid enough attention to notice how much dimmer it is now.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Just checked, my wall charger is now running v3.01.49.

I also have Twraps tint strip installed so it was already dim, havent paid enough attention to notice how much dimmer it is now.
I have the new version as well but, unfortunately, the truck is still in the shop so I can't test the dimmed charge indicator. šŸ˜¢

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Stil on 3.00.30 despite cycling the charger breaker. No history and lights too bright when charging. Perhaps charger updates have been paused while "membership" changes are being evaluated.
Sponsored