Sponsored

Received charger for a truck I won’t have until next year.

srwaxalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WXR. KIA Niro plugin
For the last 1000 years My estimated delivery has been March 2023. Because of that I bought a new Ranger in January to hold me over tell my Rivian was ready . In mid October I got a message saying it was time to do the paperwork and expect delivery in November. Called my guild told him the situation and he said not too worry and he will contact me next year. Saturday I got an email from Rivian that I ignored. Seems it was a shipping notification for my charger.
Today I talked to my guide and it seems the system will automatically send accessories once a vin has been assigned even tho you haven’t signed any paperwork and nothing they can do about it.

So now I have a charger for a truck I may or may not get in 5 months.

Rivian R1T R1S Received charger for a truck I won’t have until next year. IMG_20221122_152123
Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Well, my R1S is projected to arrive October-December 2023 and I just bought a Juicebox 48 and had my electrician install it in the garage. (Our electric utility offers $500 rebates on certain chargers and $500 rebates on the electrical installation cost. I was uncertain the program would continue into next year.) 😉

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

For the last 1000 years My estimated delivery has been March 2023. Because of that I bought a new Ranger in January to hold me over tell my Rivian was ready . In mid October I got a message saying it was time to do the paperwork and expect delivery in November. Called my guild told him the situation and he said not too worry and he will contact me next year. Saturday I got an email from Rivian that I ignored. Seems it was a shipping notification for my charger.
Today I talked to my guide and it seems the system will automatically send accessories once a vin has been assigned even tho you haven’t signed any paperwork and nothing they can do about it.

IMG_20221122_152123.jpg
If it makes you feel better, while I was rewiring my house last year, I was hoping to get the Rivian charger ahead of my now 2024 delivery, but due to supply constraints, no dice.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

IMG_20221122_152123.jpg
The nice part is it'll work for all your other EVs.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I have a Dec-Jan window, but no vin assigned as yet. So I'd be curious to know why you think that with a vin now assigned, you think you "may or may not" have a truck in 5 months. Have you asked to have delivery delayed due to the purchase of the Ranger?

From the outside it seems like you are progressing through the process of eminent delivery. I know there have been a (very?) few exceptions but getting a vin assigned seems like a clue (to me).

I'd be excited....

Sponsored

vetmann

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model YP, ZR1, Boxster, BMW
I got my VIN 3 weeks ago and am picking it up on Saturday. Vin assigned means, I'm pretty sure, that the truck is built. I'll use my Tesla chargers with an adapter.

OP
OP

srwaxalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WXR. KIA Niro plugin
I got my VIN 3 weeks ago and am picking it up on Saturday. Vin assigned means, I'm pretty sure, that the truck is built. I'll use my Tesla chargers with an adapter.
My guid said the truck is built and on the way to LA. Hopefully it will go to a good home I doubt it will sit there waiting 5 months for me.

OP
OP

srwaxalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WXR. KIA Niro plugin
I have a Dec-Jan window, but no vin assigned as yet. So I'd be curious to know why you think that with a vin now assigned, you think you "may or may not" have a truck in 5 months. Have you asked to have delivery delayed due to the purchase of the Ranger?

From the outside it seems like you are progressing through the process of eminent delivery. I know there have been a (very?) few exceptions but getting a vin assigned seems like a clue (to me).

I'd be excited....
I did ask about delaying when I talked to my guide in October and today. He said both times that was fine and that he would call me in a few months when hopefully I’ll be ready to buy. I figured they would give the truck they allocated to me to someone else when We talked in October. I was told today I had a vin assigned that’s why the charger was sent out. The only “paperwork “ I’ve signed was when I put my deposit in in 2019

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Well at least you have plenty of lead time to install it....

vetmann

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model YP, ZR1, Boxster, BMW
I never had a guide until I got the VIN which is why I never really paid attention to the configuration. Anyway, I never really thought the truck would happen but it is and it is hopefully tomorrow.

Ray

Sponsored

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales

IMG_20221122_152123.jpg
I would think your vehicle is coming sooner than you think.

tbolts10

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Public Safety
Wait so you don't want your truck earlier?

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales

IMG_20221122_152123.jpg
Yes, indeed, My charger is now installed for the R1T that I won't see until 2024. To make matters worse, I paid $800 for the charger on my configuration list, that costs me $500.00. We are going to see what can be done with this mismatch now that my $800.00 charger has been installed.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yes, indeed, My charger is now installed for the R1T that I won't see until 2024. To make matters worse, I paid $800 for the charger on my configuration list, that costs me $500.00. We are going to see what can be done with this mismatch now that my $800.00 charger has been installed.
Did you actually pay for the charger already? I did my intro call with my guide last week and was asking about timing in terms of when the charger ships in relation to payment for the car. My guide said they charger goes out automatically and not linked to payment/paperwork, which made zero sense to me. Rather than ask him to clarify I just dropped it. Do the chargers get sent to homes before you even pay for it?

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
I had an electrician coming to wire a new section to my garage and wanted the charger installed. (This was before the 2024 date was announced). Yes, I paid $800.00 plus tax and had it installed. Of course, this is before my max pack R1T arrives. My configuration on the Rivian website still shows a $500.00 charger that is supposed to go with the R1T.
Sponsored