Sponsored

Received an email from Rivian updated on 05/2922 please see attached pictures

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I think I am done with Rivian. As if the delivery skipping isn't frustrating enough, look at all the problems with build quality and the 12v bricking issues. I'm beginning to think this company is not ready for prime-time.
What you are saying is true. Rivian has already accomplished much more than many other startups and they probably end up being a successful company with great products and services. but I think his concerns are legitimate. There are other companies that are not start ups (however new to EVs) that may not be as risky to own. Rivian has designed a car that leaks a lot of power and is delivering it this way stating it is normal. There is an owner that his new R1T 12V battery died and had to pay $600 "because he let it die" (probably because of the leak). I understand bolts and screws lose or missing is a process issue that can get fixed but difference of opinion between the owners and the company on what is acceptable could be a problem. When that happens before purchase (like price-gate) we have a recourse but once you drop that $80K, Rivian owns you. I don't blame him at all for having second thoughts. Purchasing an R1 is risky business and each of of us have a different risk tolerance.

I don't blame @Count Orlok at all, if they assumed from the start the Rivian experience will be more than paying to be a beta tester at this stage then they should probably keep the reservation but defer delivery until things are more mature. Personally I planned on waiting for QoL improvements in software and bugs to be worked out while the truck was sitting in my driveway. But I also understand that's not for everyone.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I think I am done with Rivian. As if the delivery skipping isn't frustrating enough, look at all the problems with build quality and the 12v bricking issues. I'm beginning to think this company is not ready for prime-time.
Ford, Hyundai and Kia have all experienced the 12v bricking issues. My Lightning is built, and I'm expecting it to have issues whenever I can take delivery of it.

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

I received the same email last Friday and had guide assigned and then just kept rolling through the process over the weekend. Received email yesterday it was ready for pickup. Still trying to complete PBA since we had nothing lined up or ready due to not expecting anything for quite a while yet.

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
Have anyone received an email like this from Rivian. I have reserved R1S large pack adventure package blue color and ocean cost interior. In 01/2022

You've got to be trolling.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
You've got to be trolling.
That was my first reaction but given the widely reported delivery line-skipping I would not be surprised.

I did not mean for my venting to distract from @Yt007 good/encouraging news.

Sponsored

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
That was my first reaction but given the widely reported delivery line-skipping I would not be surprised.

Line-skipping is one thing but YT007 has taken it to an entirely new level of line skipping.

Rivian R1T R1S Received an email from Rivian updated on 05/2922 please see attached pictures 5e6bcf49-2b5f-42c6-9c53-91badba25aaf
- Reservation in 2022
Rivian R1T R1S Received an email from Rivian updated on 05/2922 please see attached pictures 5e6bcf49-2b5f-42c6-9c53-91badba25aaf
- R1S

AND FOR THE WIN!!

- Ocean Coast interior

Congrats to YT007 they have won Rivian Bingo!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Do you really think the level of issues in the first 5000 vehicles is indicative of their ability to correct that over the long term? Were you alive and aware of the number and types of issues Tesla had with their first batches of vehicles? They've had worse quality defects continue well past hundreds and hundreds of thousands of EVs sold, yet they're doing just fine.

I think Rivian is doing a great job of dealing with issues as they pop up, including recalls for affected vehicles and proactively fixing those issues for others in production. Most owners I've seen have raved about the build quality, including media reviewers.

Heard about any windshields flying off R1T's lately? Yea, me neither ;)

Frame of reference: My LR Defender has rattles and squeeks from day 1 that it should not have. It's had 5 recalls issued in 2022 alone. Nobody thinks LR is going out of business anytime soon. Rivian is, at least anecdotally, performing well past that benchmark only 5 months after starting production.
We almost bought a Defender last year but unless we wanted white, black, or silver it meant waiting weeks or more. We opted for the wallpaper paste GLS 450 and it has been a good placeholder for the R1S but nothing special. I don't regret passing on the Defender.

I don't think Rivian customers should be content that things are not as bad as when Tesla's rolled-out. I also am of the opinion that LE orders from 2018 should be prioritized over LE orders from 2019, etc. I'd even be willing to pay the new price if it meant delivery transparency.

I wonder if RIVN is fine with low numbers in May & June so as to report a production pop in Q3.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
We almost bought a Defender last year but unless we wanted white, black, or silver it meant waiting weeks or more. We opted for the wallpaper paste GLS 450 and it has been a good placeholder for the R1S but nothing special. I don't regret passing on the Defender.

I don't think Rivian customers should be content that things are not as bad as when Tesla's rolled-out. I also am of the opinion that LE orders from 2018 should be prioritized over LE orders from 2019, etc. I'd even be willing to pay the new price if it meant delivery transparency.

I wonder if RIVN is fine with low numbers in May & June so as to report a production pop in Q3.
There's a difference between not being content with production quality issues and forecasting the doom of a company based on quality issues in their first 5k vehicles.

As for your other assertion, I already replied in another thread. The answer is no.

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

That was my first reaction but given the widely reported batching of configurations to optimize production speed I would not be surprised.

I fixed that for you :CWL:

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It is highly surprising and frustrating, if true, that an order four months ago for the R1S will get filled when they have barely started employee deliveries. The OP should easily be a late 2023 delivery and there are surely many people at each of the SC locations with the same spec who should go first.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
There's a difference between not being content with production quality issues and forecasting the doom of a company based on quality issues in their first 5k vehicles.

As for your other assertion, I already replied in another thread. The answer is no.
I did not forecast doom for RIVN. I was voicing my concerns/anxiety seeing so many build issues posted here and on other forums.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Hi yt007,

We’re excited to get you behind the wheel of your R1, and we’ve designed the purchasing and delivery process to be as smooth and seamless as possible.

You’ll soon be invited to our digital purchasing experience, in which you’ll be able to complete all the steps necessary to take ownership of your Rivian. To help you get ready, we’ve compiled a checklist of everything you’ll need to have on hand. As your delivery date approaches, keeping these items in mind will ensure you can purchase and receive your vehicle in the way that works best for you.​
Congrats! Absolutely happy for you...

My frustration with Rivian is growing day by day with line skipping and BINGO approach.

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
I think that email was an error. No customer has received an R1S, and no guide has been assigned to an R1S reservation holder for groups with May/June delivery windows or later. I'd expect the earlier R1S reservation holders with guides & signed PBAs to receive the first ones off the line allotted for customers.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I agree with you. It would be asinine for Rivian to intentionally hold back deliveries.

OP
OP

Yt007

First Name
Yash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey Hyundai Genesis
Line-skipping is one thing but YT007 has taken it to an entirely new level of line skipping.

5e6bcf49-2b5f-42c6-9c53-91badba25aaf.png
- Reservation in 2022
- R1S

AND FOR THE WIN!!

- Ocean Coast interior

Congrats to YT007 they have won Rivian Bingo!
Full on exited just check my Rivian login they have assigned a guide to my account.
Sponsored