First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
While I agree with your general assessment of Bellevue (it’s a capacity problem), I’m happy to report a quick in-n-out on the recall. It was a nothing burger as my build didn’t have the faulty sensor.
I think it's more of a skill problem that is the real issue. I'm on my 4th come back for Bellevue. They've missed safety issues, marked work complete when it wasn't even touched, missed all of my due bills (for a year), damaged my vehicle while in there (still have yet to fix it), removed issues from WOs, ext.

I can not wait for a different SC to open in the Seattle area.
Sponsored

bbqdevil

First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, Rivian R1T on order
Occupation
Director, Design and Video
I swung by the San Jose service center today (about 20 minutes from my house). Took longer to drive there than it did for them to check it, clear me and send me on my way.

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
how did they check it? no email or text yet for me

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I think it's more of a skill problem that is the real issue. I'm on my 4th come back for Bellevue. They've missed safety issues, marked work complete when it wasn't even touched, missed all of my due bills (for a year), damaged my vehicle while in there (still have yet to fix it), removed issues from WOs, ext.

I can not wait for a different SC to open in the Seattle area.
Yikes, that’s too bad. I’m sorry all that happened to you. I hope they get it straightened out before a catastrophe happens.

JohnB R1T

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Certified Public Accountant
It's only about 100 out of 12,176 that they anticipate have a problem (at which point the repair is about a 30 minute process). If you did NOT get an email specific to YOUR VIN #, you're likely safe in assuming you're not covered by the recall...my VIN is in the mid 7XXX range...if yours is more than 12,176 above or below that, it's probably safe to assume you aren't on the list.

Note that the national recall database (where you input your VIN) is not currently working for Rivians (as of earlier today that is). If you don't have a front-seat passenger, you have no risk until this is resolved (I seldom do). I'm a 5 to 6 hour round trip from the Austin SC (depending on traffic). They gave me a mobile tech appointment at my house for 3/13. I'm happy enough with that.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I can't wait till I go to the Chicago service center and they have all the parking lots locked up with no signs on where to go.

It was really fun when i went for the torque recall.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Can someone explain how I can know if mine is working properly or not? I will go to the service center for recall but before doing that, I'd like to know if it's actually broken. thx
Enter your vin here https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

My 2022 129xx vin is not on the recall list fwiw.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I can't wait till I go to the Chicago service center and they have all the parking lots locked up with no signs on where to go.

Damn customers....always a pain in the ass...bwaahaha!

bbqdevil

First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, Rivian R1T on order
Occupation
Director, Design and Video
how did they check it? no email or text yet for me
They took my keyfob, drove it into the garage and checked the part, I wasn't able to see what they were doing or checking.

Mine didn't require the fix, but apparently the fix is only a ~30 minute process anyway.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Thanks, but I already know my VIN is on the list. I just want to know more details about what the sensor is, how do we know it's not working, etc (for a video report about it).
My bad, misread your post.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
It's only about 100 out of 12,176 that they anticipate have a problem (at which point the repair is about a 30 minute process). If you did NOT get an email specific to YOUR VIN #, you're likely safe in assuming you're not covered by the recall...my VIN is in the mid 7XXX range...if yours is more than 12,176 above or below that, it's probably safe to assume you aren't on the list.

Note that the national recall database (where you input your VIN) is not currently working for Rivians (as of earlier today that is). If you don't have a front-seat passenger, you have no risk until this is resolved (I seldom do). I'm a 5 to 6 hour round trip from the Austin SC (depending on traffic). They gave me a mobile tech appointment at my house for 3/13. I'm happy enough with that.
That sounds pretty Comfort(able).

Yeah, I'll show myself out........

Lens

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade, Kia Sedona

Haa.. Same experience here. Took me a while to figure out where to go after I reached there last time

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Haa.. Same experience here. Took me a while to figure out where to go after I reached there last time
I got pissed and just pulled into the service garage, it was the only thing open with people.

I told them next time they need signs. It is a super shitty location and a pain on the ass to turn around.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
My truck was in service today and they checked it and there was no fix required. My VIN is in the 4500s.
Sponsored