Sponsored

Tonicart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Just received an email from Rivian:

We have initiated a voluntary recall that affects your vehicle. Certain model year 2022 R1S and R1T vehicles fail to conform with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 208 “Occupant Crash Protection.”

This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN: x7xxx

What is the problem?
A sensor in the front passenger seat belt system may incorrectly report its status as "on" when, in fact, it is off. If a passenger is seated in the front passenger seat and this happens, the passenger air bag may not deploy as intended. In the event of a crash which is supposed to deploy the front passenger air bag, the occupant may have an increased risk of injury due to a reduced deployment or lack of deployment.

How many vehicles are affected?
The recall affects 12,716 vehicles, however we believe less than 1% of those vehicles – fewer than 100 vehicles – will require part replacement. While the number of vehicles impacted is very limited, we will always exercise caution when it comes to safety. As of February 27, 2023, we are not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this issue.

What will Rivian do?
Rivian will offer no appointment necessary visits to Rivian Service Centers and pop-up locations up to 6 days a week, Monday through Saturday, to inspect and replace, if necessary, passenger seat belt system components in the affected vehicles. If your vehicle is not brought in for inspection, we will inspect it for this issue at a future service appointment.

How long will the inspection and repair take?
Inspections are estimated to take less than 10 minutes. For the very small percentage where part replacement is necessary, the work can be completed in less than 30 minutes during the same visit. This service will be available at no cost to you.

What should you do?
Information about Rivian Service Centers and pop-up service locations offering expanded hours of operation and service without an appointment are listed on our website. Before your visit, please install the latest software update to your vehicle.

If you have further questions, or if you prefer to schedule an appointment, please call Rivian Service at 1-855-748-4265. We are available 24/7/365. Additional information will also be posted at NHTSA.gov/recalls.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter. We look forward to resolving it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Noe Mejia
VP Service Operations
Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I did as well. Was not sure if this was old or new. Guess it is different than the one from last year.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Well timed with the market distracted by the earnings release.

Sponsored

verchalent

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just got the same. Checking the website I don't see any popup locations listed yet.

Comstockery

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S (launch green, 22" dark); Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

I received the same notice.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah I got it too. Now I have to figure out when I’m going to drive 3 hours to the nearest service center

Honorz

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2018 Q7 , 2015 Q5 TDI,
I just finished at the Tualatin center in Oregon. I was told I was the first one, I just feel lucky that is was close.
Anyways it took 15 minutes and I was out.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I just finished at the Tualatin center in Oregon. I was told I was the first one, I just feel lucky that is was close.
Anyways it took 15 minutes and I was out.
Physical location or address please?

Honorz

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2018 Q7 , 2015 Q5 TDI,

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Got same email. No time to drive 2 hours to the SC. Maybe schedule it with my tire rotation is needed.