kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Read More at : https://mailchi.mp/rebellerally/get-ready-for-the-7th-edition-of-the-rebelle-rally

On Thursday October 6th, the 7th Edition of the Rebelle Rally will kick off with Tech Inspection at Incline Village and Lake Tahoe. 55 teams will take part in the longest competitive off-road rally in the United States. The Rebelle is also the first all-women’s off-road navigation rally in America.

Electrified Designation Grows The mission of the Rebelle Rally is to provide a proving ground for people, products, and stock manufacturer vehicles, and this applies to electrified vehicles as well. The Electrified Designation launched in 2020 and returns in 2022 with seven vehicles participating. The remote, long-distance course puts EVs, PHEVs and hybrids to the test competing head-to-head against the ICEVs in either the 4x4 or X-Cross® Class. The rally goes further by working with Renewable Innovations to rapid charge the vehicles with renewable hydrogen power. The byproduct? Clean water. EVs include the Rivian R1T (returning for the third year) and the Rivian R1S. Two Toyota Tundra hybrids are also entered along with three PHEV Jeep Wrangler 4xe vehicles. The Electrified Jeep 4xe took both 1st and 2nd place in 2021.
Sponsored

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
If it's Emme and Rebecca again, Best of luck you two!

Loved the videos of them last year.

Can't wait to see the R1S in action there. Sand mode activated!

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I follow this every year and was really excited the first year the R1T ran and how well it did. Definitely gave me a lot of confidence that I could be as adventurous as I want to be once I got mine.

The details of how the rally works are really interesting and I recommend everyone checking them out. It's the type of challenge I enjoy undertaking when I'm out offroading/overlanding. There is usually a good blog that will highlight some of the EV-specific stuff, since it's still so new to the event, and tracking the standings is always a good time.

Excited to see more electrification participation, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the R1S does, since it should, in theory, be a better offroader than the R1T is.