Sponsored

Rear Window Trim Sticking Out on Both Sides

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Mine is doing that too. Also, how bad is this gap?
Rivian R1T R1S Rear Window Trim Sticking Out on Both Sides IMG_5675
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sevn86

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Spoke to my guide and discussed all the concerns. I asked to be detached from this vehicle/ VIN. Let see what happens. She said she will escalade this to her lead. I asked for shop access again. Fingers crossed it happens asap.

OP
OP
Sevn86

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Mine is doing that too. Also, how bad is this gap?
IMG_5675.jpeg
Wow! Thats a pretty big gap. my issue is a little different but the others on the lot at the SC with vins in 8-11k range also had similar gaps like your picture. I even stuck my pinky finger in one. It was bad. Surprisingly my car didn't have that issue. The whole silver trim piece just stuck out too far.

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Wow! Thats a pretty big gap. my issue is a little different but the others on the lot at the SC with vins in 8-11k range also had similar gaps like your picture. I even stuck my pinky finger in one. It was bad. Surprisingly my car didn't have that issue. The whole silver trim piece just stuck out too far.
Yeah, mine is in that range, 82xx - I was really hoping they would've fixed the fit/finish issues by now but it looks like they're still alive and well. Pretty much every body panel is slightly off, with the chrome strip gap and passenger fender the worst. We'll see how well they fix it when I take it in soon.

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many toys
Sad to hear not much has changed. We had our 1st R1S delivered in December - vin 29xx. That car was totaled awaiting a SC appointment to adjust the body panels before we did matte PPF.

We matched with a new R1S last week and guess it will be 5-7 weeks before that gets into our hands. I will be working with my guide to ensure the panels are as good as possible before we get it. The last SC appointment we had was 2-3-months out.

I hope to matte PPF this one the week it arrives.

Sponsored

q177onique

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Thank you everyone who has posted. My excitement quickly turned to disappointment. Thankfully I haven’t taken delivery yet. I scheduled a call with my guide for later today.

Below were the other issues I noted.

- The rear top tail gate piece has a bulge and is wavy with deep scratches
- Passenger side roof has deep scratches
- Middle painted piece between the two glass roof panels also has deep scratches. Looks like a tree branch scraped it and caused them.
- Wheel arch trim pieces misaligned
- Both side emblems are misaligned within the indention for it.
- faint body panel dent above passenger side rear wheel arch
- Driver side rear door paint chipped
- Walking up to the vehicle I noticed the tail lights randomly flash. Happened twice while I was there.
- Crappy body panel caulk/ paint in the inside corners where the outer tail lights meet the body
- Right side of tailgate edge paint is rough and bumpy

The crazy thing is the dash had a sticky note that said paint. I really don’t want a new vehicle that needs to have the whole top resprayed.
oh no! I haven’t been keeping up with the threads. I didn’t even realize you had taken delivery at HTX already and had issues. Are they letting you get another pick from the shop?

OP
OP
Sevn86

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
oh no! I haven’t been keeping up with the threads. I didn’t even realize you had taken delivery at HTX already and had issues. Are they letting you get another pick from the shop?
I didn’t actually take delivery. I went to the SC to see it and was not happy with its condition. I have since been unmatched from it and and I’m now back in the R1 shop looking for it’s replacement.

Last edited:

Egen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner
Anyone have any luck with their service center fixing this issue? I have the same thing with my early 2023 build

OP
OP
Sevn86

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Anyone have any luck with their service center fixing this issue? I have the same thing with my early 2023 build
My replacement R1S is a lot better but still the side trims stick out slightly.
Sponsored