First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
No comparison. I have a three-trumpet air horn system on my Taco, but I like this better. Thanks for posting.

OP
OP

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

No comparison. I have a three-trumpet air horn system on my Taco, but I like this better. Thanks for posting.
I don’t think I mentioned it in the original post, but the video does the actual sound absolutely no justice. Difference is night and day.

Stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vivian ('23 Rivian R1S, Glacier, Ocean Coast)

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
The tone doesn't really fit with the truck. A normal high-low dual horn at like 410 HZ and 510 HZ give you a sound that fits the R1. In my opinion, air horns are always flakey over time. Because they rely on compressed air, they are subject to weird sounds in certain weather conditions (usually cold air causes this) as I've experienced myself using air horns over the years.

Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
Thank you everyone for the great feedback and response. I think I have finally replied to everyone, you all are awesome!

The site is live and I do still have a few kits in stock ready to ship. Please check it out for more info.

https://realwheelsev.com/

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
@kong thanks for posting. Mine is a May 23 build with one horn. @RealWheelsEV have you seen the horn setup on a 2023 R1S to know if this will fit?
It's not about one horn vs. multiple horns on newer models (although much older builds did have two horns to my knowledge), it's about which side the one horn is on. Drivers side is older builds, passenger side is newer.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It's not about one horn vs. multiple horns on newer models (although much older builds did have two horns to my knowledge), it's about which side the one horn is on. Drivers side is older builds, passenger side is newer.
Understood - thank you. And thanks to Cory for the DM and the response. For anyone else reading this wondering which side(s) your horn is on, look through the grille for the horn hole (technical term). Mine has a hornhole on the drivers side. pics attached.

Horn ordered, I'll come back here and post install photos upon receipt. Thanks @RealWheelsEV!!
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Horn Upgrade Kit - Review & Sound Clips Videos IMG_0789.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Horn Upgrade Kit - Review & Sound Clips Videos IMG_0790.JPG

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Understood - thank you. And thanks to Cory for the DM and the response. For anyone else reading this wondering which side(s) your horn is on, look through the grille for the horn hole (technical term). Mine has a hornhole on the drivers side. pics attached.

Horn ordered, I'll come back here and post install photos upon receipt. Thanks @RealWheelsEV!!
IMG_0789.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG
I don't think this applies to newer builds either... the horn is not visible from outside the vehicle when installed behind the wheel well liner. In your image, it also looks like the trumpet of the horn has some additional trim around it which is not present on newer vehicles.

edit: for folks with newer builds who can't see the horn from outside the vehicle, the easiest way to figure out which side it's on is to get someone else to honk the horn while you stand in front of the vehicle. If it sounds like it's coming from your left, it's on the passenger side.

Last edited:

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
Both @mike813 and @SPITmadFIRE are correct. When you have dual horns or just the single drivers side horn, you should have openings like Mike’s photo on the drivers side. When you have only the passenger side single horn, it is located behind the wheel liner as mentioned and you won’t be able to see it. We are making the kit for the passenger side right now and should have them ready to go within a week.

Thank you to everyone for your input and helping out with the information on the different horns. You all ROCK!

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
I’m very interested in doing this! 9/23 build so need to verify if I am indeed a passenger horn on my R1T.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I don’t think I mentioned it in the original post, but the video does the actual sound absolutely no justice. Difference is night and day.
Thanks @iforbes for posting - I played your sound clips for my family last night - they're excited. My horn kit is tracking to arrive Saturday, this sounds like a good weekend project for me. I'm ready for this beast to sound just a bit more beastly when I toot the tooter.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@iforbes or @RealWheelsEV or anyone else, if you have any more install pics or instructions or hints please post. It looks like my horn is on the drivers side. I'm interested in learning from others experiences about frunk tub removal, battery connections, where to run wires, etc. Please share any photos or details that might help, and I'll be sure to share my experiences with install as well. thanks!
Sponsored