First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Dodge Challenger 5.7L 6spd
Occupation
iOS Developer
I might be on my own on this, but despite all of the excitement & buzz around the R1T deliveries, I've always kept note of this short piece on Rivian's website:
Rivian R1T R1S Really excited to see how they configure removable pano roof Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 1.59.52 PM
Whenever the pano roof comes up in conversation during these media reviews, nobody ever brings up what's coming in the future! I already love the pano roof, but I'm really excited to see how they plan to configure this removable roof! Yes, the worry for leaks exists but their commitment to fit & finish in the interior gives me hope that they'll get it right. Anybody else keeping tabs on open-air possibilities?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I dunno... watching how well it's panned out for the Bronco...
It's been fine for Jeep, despite having three separate pieces. The Bronco has had some very specific issues. IMO part of the issue is that they went with a sandwiched honeycomb structure that has higher risk of delimitation, which is just one of the problems Ford has had. Also, the sub contractor had all sorts of issues from piss poor management.

The devil is in the details.

weathermission

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weathermission.com
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
Their SEC filing for IPO also details plans for roof options on the future. When I attended the NY auto preview they held in 2019 their chief engineer mentioned things like a potential rag top and removable hard top. But that was before Amazon and their van order appeared. I think it will be a long time before they offer these options but that is just my guess of course.

personally I’d be all over a good old fashioned 1970s glass T Top but I’ll take what Rivian’s givin’ for now.

Rivian R1T R1S Really excited to see how they configure removable pano roof 2262107290_49b438e555

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I would say I'm more intrigued than interested in the removable roof. I think it would have to be a very specific style and cost to really consider it. Personally I'd rather have a panorama all the time than a solid roof that's removable occasionally.

Although sadly neither will give me the desired level of protection against rogue T-Rex attacks.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I would say I'm more intrigued than interested in the removable roof. I think it would have to be a very specific style and cost to really consider it. Personally I'd rather have a panorama all the time than a solid roof that's removable occasionally.

Although sadly neither will give me the desired level of protection against rogue T-Rex attacks.
Ok, we now have the name for the Raptor version of the R1T…..R1T-Rex. ?

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
well if it comes out when the max pack comes out i'd be tempted to add that option, i miss my convertibles.

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
I’m hoping they start talking about the removable roof before my preorder number comes up. My wife doesn’t love sunroofs/moonroofs and I like the idea of a truck that is also a ”convertible” sports car. Though concerns about leaks and squeaks are real…

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Ok, we now have the name for the Raptor version of the R1T…..R1T-Rex. ?
I think RAM's already got that one for their TRX (T-Rex), Hellcat powered trucks. Was torn between the R1T and the TRX...similar money, similar performance. Winning argument was 10-11 mpg in the TRX and rising fuel costs vs. full "tank" every morning...

Placed my reservation this morning...now just gotta work on my patience...and learn all I can while I can...:)
Sponsored