First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Did they take all of their sounds at ~4:20 from Super Mario? ?
They better use this sound when you run into something or get into an accident - https://www.myinstants.com/instant/super-mario-death-23969/

First time I heard about the card keys. Not sure how I feel about that...

Haha your mom ?
Thanks for your time to post this for us!
Dude that should totally be an Easter Egg. Or for when in Driver+ mode and you get some radar love from the fuzz.
Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
This was amazing, thanks for the ride along! I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I watched the whole thing. Just a list of my thoughts/questions.

That proximity beep is WAY less annoying than in my Infinity. Even with it going gangbusters like it was. ? Although it sounded like there were several different tones. I couldn't quite figure out if those were for incremental degrees of "oh fck" closeness, or different areas (back, side, etc)?

Confused the camp speaker didn't pair. I'd have assumed that it's always paired? Honestly not sure why it would ever *unpair*. I have been pretty frustrated with my phone pairing to my current Camry, and always blamed it on Toyota's shitty 8 year old infotainment platform. Keep hoping for more reliability with newer platforms, hoping I'm not disappointed.

I've always felt the decisions around the card keys were always questionable. Seeing your fumblings, and the Rivian guy himself mentioning they can be "finickey", I double down on my questions. Yes, we'll have the fob or our phones. But why include something and make it so hard to use?

Also, your mom is savage. I love it. ?
Heh, she was just as savage about our Jura coffee maker when I was showing her how to make coffee at 6am.

This truck really felt like it was straight off the delivery truck. I didn't get a chance to check the Odometer unless I caught it on accident.

One thing that was not seen...we had to sit for about 15 minutes trying to figure out why it was stuck in Off-road High. Ended up learned how to soft and hard reset the OS. Which fixed it and we were on our way for the shortened test drive...still worth it.

Also (pure speculation here) feel like it somehow could have been an employee vehicle that had not been delivered yet. Pretty sure the paper tag in the window had a Portland Address on it, but the name Heather matched the Driver Profile name...so your guess is as good as mine there. ??

Also happy that were getting a Frunk drain plug. ?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
The card key feels like a there was a meeting and someone said "oh crap we need to provide a way for people to valet their vehicles and we only want to absorb the cost of ONE fob with each vehicle".

I agree they need to work more reliably. I imagine these vehicles are not going to be well-received or well-handled by valets.

I had an Acura which seems like a pretty mainstream vehicle, imo, and I was surprised at how flummoxed valets and car wash attendants were when it came time to drive it. On more than one occasion I watched them drive away and then the vehicle unceremoniously came to a halt because they opened the door, while moving, and the vehicle slammed itself into "park" automatically.

Even now, I drive a Volvo and more often then not my watch will prompt an alert saying my vehicle was left unlocked because valets seem to just never lock vehicles; something that I find exceptionally crazy. I'm thankful for the alert since I can use the phone app to remotely lock the vehicle and at least reduce the time it's left unlocked and unattended.

Anyway, that was a longwinded way of saying I think there are going to be some frustrations with Rivian owners and valets or other service businesses.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Dang...I leave for a few days and all these happens.....:like:

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
For posterity if nothing else.
Resident English teacher just doing what we do. ?
I mean are they not a sign of good fortune?!? Hey nobody else caught it and I put that in several different places on a few different forums. I appreciate the red ink, nonetheless...and thank you for what you do. ???

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 5fe9a619539bd2fa21c8a55a4d1aa5f6

Last edited:

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Heh. Only correct folks on the internet who I trust will understand. ?

Thanks for sharing that video and those photos. It was awesome to see you loving it.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Heh. Only correct folks on the internet who I trust will understand. ?

Thanks for sharing that video and those photos. It was awesome to see you loving it.
Fair point. You are quite welcome, anything to help get us through this final stretch until delivery. I am honored, grateful, and just plain lucky at this point. ✌❤⚡??

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Seems like the Head of Colour and Material Design has left after only a few months on the job according to her LinkedIn page. She had quite the resume with Porsche, Mercedes and Volvo before.

Last edited:

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Seems like the Head of Colour and Material Design has left after only a few months on the job according to her LinkedIn page. She had quite the resume with Porsche, Mercedes and Volvo before.
Maybe she bought a crap-ton of stock, sold it at the peak, and retired ?

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Maybe she bought a crap-ton of stock, sold it at the peak, and retired ?

Doesn't work like that, there is a vesting period typically its 4 years.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Lost another to bro-culture? ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Oh right, employee, duh. I doubt it's legal to day trade the company you work for. ?
You also just don't get share ownership until putting in sweat equity basically. It's a carrot to stick around.
Sponsored