Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Oy, calling them “superchargers” must make Rivian cringe.

RemInds me of when Microsoft signed a huge marketing deal with the NFL and provided Surface tablets to all the teams/staff. The announcers/media kept calling them “iPads”. Now they all have massive blue cases with SURFACE prominently printed on everything.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Oy, calling them “superchargers” must make Rivian cringe.

RemInds me of when Microsoft signed a huge marketing deal with the NFL and provided Surface tablets to all the teams/staff. The announcers/media kept calling them “iPads”. Now they all have massive blue cases with SURFACE prominently printed on everything.
Haha, I remember thst too! Except this seems to be an employee! Lol

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Haha, I remember thst too! Except this seems to be an employee! Lol
Employee knows less about the product than forum members?

Didn’t see that coming!

/s

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
For prosperity if nothing else. ✌❤⚡??

R1T_Test_Drive-001.jpg

R1T_Test_Drive-002.jpg

R1T_Test_Drive-004.jpg

R1T_Test_Drive-005.jpg

R1T_Test_Drive-006.jpg
Was from the mobile drive event? Awesome they let you park it to get good sizing for your garage!

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Was from the mobile drive event? Awesome they let you park it to get good sizing for your garage!
@Canthoney Yep wanted to do that first thing. If that wasn't going to work, not much reason to take delivery. It was a very surreal moment backing it in. No pressure. Also...the Mirrors will auto fold....s00n. ??

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
@Canthoney Yep wanted to do that first thing. If that wasn't going to work, not much reason to take delivery. It was a very surreal moment backing it in. No pressure. Also...the Mirrors will auto fold....s00n. ??
That’s awesome! I’ve definitely been questioning whether I can fit both of my vehicles side-by-side. I keep telling my wife theoretically it should fit, I just don’t know if you can open the door haha!

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
That’s awesome! I’ve definitely been questioning whether I can fit both of my vehicles side-by-side. I keep telling my wife theoretically it should fit, I just don’t know if you can open the door haha!
@Canthoney lol minor detail...pssh...who needs to open doors. ???

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
This was amazing, thanks for the ride along! I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I watched the whole thing. Just a list of my thoughts/questions.

That proximity beep is WAY less annoying than in my Infinity. Even with it going gangbusters like it was. ? Although it sounded like there were several different tones. I couldn't quite figure out if those were for incremental degrees of "oh fck" closeness, or different areas (back, side, etc)?

Confused the camp speaker didn't pair. I'd have assumed that it's always paired? Honestly not sure why it would ever *unpair*. I have been pretty frustrated with my phone pairing to my current Camry, and always blamed it on Toyota's shitty 8 year old infotainment platform. Keep hoping for more reliability with newer platforms, hoping I'm not disappointed.

I've always felt the decisions around the card keys were always questionable. Seeing your fumblings, and the Rivian guy himself mentioning they can be "finickey", I double down on my questions. Yes, we'll have the fob or our phones. But why include something and make it so hard to use?

Also, your mom is savage. I love it. ?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I've always felt the decisions around the card keys were always questionable. Seeing your fumblings, and the Rivian guy himself mentioning they can be "finickey", I double down on my questions. Yes, we'll have the fob or our phones. But why include something and make it so hard to use?
The card key feels like a there was a meeting and someone said "oh crap we need to provide a way for people to valet their vehicles and we only want to absorb the cost of ONE fob with each vehicle".

I agree they need to work more reliably. I imagine these vehicles are not going to be well-received or well-handled by valets.

I had an Acura which seems like a pretty mainstream vehicle, imo, and I was surprised at how flummoxed valets and car wash attendants were when it came time to drive it. On more than one occasion I watched them drive away and then the vehicle unceremoniously came to a halt because they opened the door, while moving, and the vehicle slammed itself into "park" automatically.

Even now, I drive a Volvo and more often then not my watch will prompt an alert saying my vehicle was left unlocked because valets seem to just never lock vehicles; something that I find exceptionally crazy. I'm thankful for the alert since I can use the phone app to remotely lock the vehicle and at least reduce the time it's left unlocked and unattended.

Anyway, that was a longwinded way of saying I think there are going to be some frustrations with Rivian owners and valets or other service businesses.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs