First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Great Eye!

Grants Pass Oregon and yes very sad indeed. Lake Tahoe area is horrible right now.
All of Oregon, our neighboring states, and everyone else in the West is suffering again this year. It seems endless, but let's hope for some early Fall rain. Better yet, a late Summer drenching would go a long way towards giving our firefighters some major help. ???
Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
All of Oregon, our neighboring states, and everyone else in the West is suffering again this year. It seems endless, but let's hope for some early Fall rain. Better yet, a late Summer drenching would go a long way towards giving our firefighters some major help. ???
they just closed down MNs largest wilderness area because of fires. First time it’s closed in 45 years.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

they just closed down MNs largest wilderness area because of fires. First time it’s closed in 45 years.
I heard that the entire Boundary Waters Canoe Area is closed for now. That's very scary to hear. I heard that was done in part to limit any needed rescues, but that's such a magnet for tons of people this time of year.

Be safe!

Last edited:

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
That is nuts. Good memories of canoeing and experiencing my first fried walleye straight from the lake. That smoke is covering much of Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin, which I can’t remember ever experiencing in the 20ish years we lived there. Sad stuff. Come on rain!!

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
That is nuts. Good memories of canoeing and experiencing my first fried walleye straight from the lake. That smoke is covering much of Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin, which I can’t remember ever experiencing in the 20ish years we lived there. Sad stuff. Come on rain!!
I live south in Rochester area. We just got 3-4 inches the last day or two. Had to seek shelter from tornado in a church last night. Getting the rain now ! ?

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
there is also smoke blowing down from NE Manitoba, where there is one fire of 913,302 acres going.

And a huge portion of Quetico provincial park in Ontario is on fire.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
there is also smoke blowing down from NE Manitoba, where there is one fire of 913,302 acres going.

And a huge portion of Quetico provincial park in Ontario is on fire.
It’s like the whole world is on fire. Fires in Siberia too

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It’s like the whole world is on fire. Fires in Siberia too
Yes, the bog fires happening there are terrifying. they will never go out.

What is happening in the arctic especially should be scaring the hell out of everyone, but it’s far away from most people, and they haven’t been there, so they don’t care.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
We’ve been fortunate to have a light summer wild fire season in Utah, though the smoke from OR and CA has been miserable.

What a weird time.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I live south in Rochester area. We just got 3-4 inches the last day or two. Had to seek shelter from tornado in a church last night. Getting the rain now ! ?
My in-laws are by you in Austin, and they measured 8" overnight in their rain gauge on the farm. ?

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Wife and I graduated from Gustavus Adolphus. Small world

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

That last pic is the truck that went through the water trough. Where are those plates from? My phone's screen is too limited for me to make out the state look the state.
Sponsored