Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
That dirt on the side of the trucks is due to the front tires turning on the trail while wet and muddy. Nothing except super wide fender flares can prevent it, on any vehicle.

Not an issue when driving in a straight line or most on road scenarios, but pretty much a certainty when driving on winding trails.
I sincerely hope you're correct. In the photos below I've highlighted what appears, to my eyes at least, to be excessive amounts of mud that came from the holes in the fender/wheel arch liner. Maybe it's just my imagination. We should find out s00n enough if it's really an issue.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Mud1.PNG
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Mud2.PNG
Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Did Rivian design this vent for wheel/brake cooling or aero, just curious?

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
I sincerely hope you're correct. In the photos below I've highlighted what appears, to my eyes at least, to be excessive amounts of mud that came from the holes in the fender/wheel arch liner. Maybe it's just my imagination. We should find out s00n enough if it's really an issue.

Mud1.PNG
Mud2.PNG
My guess is that is not a vent or hole. The mud is from the same place as threat of the mud. You can see that the closer it is to the perceived hole, the less mid there is. Hopefully we will find out soon.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Did Rivian design this vent for wheel/brake cooling or aero, just curious?
Aero. BMW does a similar thing.

I don’t see the big deal. Truck gets dirty? Wash it.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Mud1.PNG
Mud2.PNG
I suspect the portion behind the fender, above the bottom trim, and in front of the door on the panel may have com through the hole. The hole is obviously for aero, so if potential winter muck bothers you more than the potential range hit, you could probably cover it up from within the wheel well pretty easily. That being said, the overall amount of dirt doesn't seem unusual, as others have pointed out and you can see below. (not my truck, literally just grabbed the first dirty F150 pic I found online). My cars have very similar patterns of road dirt from rain and snow during on the street in Seattle in the winter. The real answer is to wash it as frequently as needed to meet cleanliness needs.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1627669593105

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1627669855819

Notaevfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, Silverado 2500, E39 M5, e34 M5, E36 M3,
Occupation
Home Builder
No I’m fairly sure that’s a hole near the a pillar. Would that make this an a-hole?
3884652A-996B-41CD-8416-8AE2F6AD987C.jpeg
Definitely an a hole. Damnit

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The real answer is to wash it as frequently as needed to meet cleanliness needs.
The real answer is to see a therapist about the OCD when it causes the little things in life to get "very frustrating".

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I did forget that the service summit was a month ago but iirc was in detroit not in Normal/El Segundo. Might have been in person at other locations.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1627683415167