Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
When are we going to get the announcement of Rivian chargers and exclusive parking at Whole Foods? (All credit to Now You Know for the idea.)

C'mon RJ and Jeff, make it happen!
Of interest, they have apparently partnered with HEB Grocery here in TX for at least a handful of DCFC sites.
Sponsored

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
Of interest, they have apparently partnered with HEB Grocery here in TX for at least a handful of DCFC sites.
That's more like it.

Just a bit of random musing: Between the Supercharger network, EA, Rivian, etc., I think the long distance part of charging is mostly solved. Really need companies to start getting level 2 everywhere to make EVs the ideal choice for almost everyone.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Not sure I like that the Rivian doesn’t look that much bigger/taller than the mustang in Kneel mode. I was looking at a Raptor yesterday and it was parked next to a Mach-E and that thing towers over the mustang.
I fail to see the relevance. So what that it doesn't tower over a Mustang Mach-E? It will still turn more heads than that Ford by leagues. That one can get all that from a Rivian and still fit it more comfortably in a most garages than the majority of larger trucks such as a Raptor (for example). I have no doubt that Rivian will still turn more heads than that Raptor, even placed side by side. Looking bigger doesn't equal looking better in any metric what so ever.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I fail to see the relevance. So what that it doesn't tower over a Mustang Mach-E? It will still turn more heads than that Ford by leagues. That one can get all that from a Rivian and still fit it more comfortably in a most garages than the majority of larger trucks such as a Raptor (for example). I have no doubt that Rivian will still turn more heads than that Raptor, even placed side by side. Looking bigger doesn't equal looking better in any metric what so ever.
Ryan also noted in a follow-up tweet that it's much bigger in person.

I also wouldn't want it to tower while in a low suspension mode. That would defeat the purpose. If it looks short when the suspension is raised, that would be weird.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

That's more like it.

Just a bit of random musing: Between the Supercharger network, EA, Rivian, etc., I think the long distance part of charging is mostly solved. Really need companies to start getting level 2 everywhere to make EVs the ideal choice for almost everyone.
Cassidy,

As you say, "mostly", but we still have some glaring holes, especially in the West. Outside of California, we have fewer Interstates and many wide swaths of no-roll zones. Partnerships with local markets might do the trick. Walmart (with EA) figured out that having a captive audience of people with 30 minutes to kill, and shop, was worth using a remote chunk of their parking lots.

Obviously, that big Walmart/EA partnership started because of some bad acting on VW's part, but VW knows they need to have wide-spread charging available if they expect people to buy their EVs. At least a modicum of DCFC every X number of miles everywhere is needed to allow true, range anxiety-free transit across the country, and deeper into Adventure lands.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Walmart (with EA) figured out that having a captive audience of people with 30 minutes to kill, and shop, was worth using a remote chunk of their parking lots.
Walmart is also great if you need a place to whip your kids.

That's a joke, people, & a reference to this Rodney Carrington bit about Walmart. Do NOT listen unless you're a fan of adult humor.

Last edited:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Last edited:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
You're welcome :)

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 2

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

That guy is obviously not from the local area.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

AdamsFan1983