First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
A quick Google search turned up that Cowboys Food Mart in Damascus Virginia.

111 Douglas Dr, Damascus, VA 24236

It is near the Mount Rogers National Recreation Area.

Edit: Actually it looks like there are other parks closer than Mount Rogers. They could have been at several different ones.
One of the Miata looking cars in one of the pictures has a license plate MTNCURVS But I can't read the state.
Sponsored

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
One of the Miata looking cars in one of the pictures has a license plate MTNCURVS But I can't read the state.
Thats a North Carolina, First in Flight license plate.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

only 3.5 hours from Tail of the Dragon, hope they go on there and Killboy grabs some snaps!

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
only 3.5 hours from Tail of the Dragon, hope they go on there and Killboy grabs some snaps!
Also a short drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway, which was highlighted in their RAN announcement as one of the routes they plan to implement first.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@SoCal Rob any experience with inclines like this in your land Rover? I am not sure what a vehicle that is capable of doing stock compared to Rivian or a Jeep.

This was part of standard training for Land Rover North America, Range Rover and Discoveries could also do this in reverse as well as sideways. Often we were told to just part on the hill and walk up to see angle of axle articulation etc. Tons of fun!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
@SoCal Rob any experience with inclines like this in your land Rover? I am not sure what a vehicle that is capable of doing stock compared to Rivian or a Jeep.
Anything with a good enough approach angle to start up it and break over to finish can do that sort of incline. Gimme a rental car and zero mechanical sympathy

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I can’t say with 100% certainty, but I think that we have tackled hills that steep, just not solid rock. I can guarantee that our Land Rover would be making a lot more noise with the engine and engine driven fan running at high RPMs because of low range. The concept of off-roading in near silence is very appealing to me. I imagine it will almost be like sailing compared to a motorboat in terms of feeling more connected to nature because it’s so quiet.