Real Rivian Photos & Videos

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
if you dig into the EPA procedures, the actual tests (even by the manufacturer) are done on a dyno. If they're doing what's called the 5-cycle test, then they can develop some coefficients using real-world data, but as far as I can tell, that doesn't actually need any cold weather testing.
Also 5 cycle tests don’t receive a correction factor which is like 20-30% reduction, which is why Porsche Taycan exceeds its EPA

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Also 5 cycle tests don’t receive a correction factor which is like 20-30% reduction, which is why Porsche Taycan exceeds its EPA
Yep. I made a post with links to the EPA docs and summarized the major points like the 30% deduction for the two cycle test.

The 5 cycle does have adjustment factors though. It's just not a straight 30% cut.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

is the van in rivian blue?
Why?

Why is the van blue?
sounds like we have another conspiracy spinoff on our hands!
I'm pretty sure the van is the standard Amazon blue-grey, and the lighting is playing tricks.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

My response was unintentionally terse and included a "you" which was meant in general to the forum. Sorry about that. I agree, Rivian could be doing whatever they want for cold weather testing in NZ. I'm just pointing out that there doesn't seem to be an reason to ship a truck to New Zealand for EPA reasons.

Glad you're back on the forum. Always good to have some light hearted and positive fun on here in anticipation of getting the vehicles!
Brice,

Thanks for the kind words. I took no offense at what you said, I found it truly educational. I know it was a working trip, but I can't imagine a job much more fun than driving around one of those cool rigs in New Zealand, even in their (almost) Winter. Having a conversation with the traveling team members would be one of the fun aspects a being able to tour the factory when picking up our Rivians. I'd love to hear what they learned from the experience and testing.

FYI, I've noticed you and I are not the only XC60 drivers on these forums. In a recent thread, there were four commenters in a row that drive a variant of the XC60. You and I were two of them. Not sure it means anything, it's just my CDO coming through. ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Brice,

Thanks for the kind words. I took no offense at what you said, I found it truly educational. I know it was a working trip, but I can't imagine a job much more fun than driving around one of those cool rigs in New Zealand, even in their (almost) Winter. Having a conversation with the traveling team members would be one of the fun aspects a being able to tour the factory when picking up our Rivians. I'd love to hear what they learned from the experience and testing.

FYI, I've noticed you and I are not the only XC60 drivers on these forums. In a recent thread, there were four commenters in a row that drive a variant of the XC60. You and I were two of them. Not sure it means anything, it's just my CDO coming through. ?
My spouse and I were talking about what vehicles other forum members seem to drive. I've definitely noticed at least a few Volvo owners too!

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Finally someone took some interior pics…and another missing charging port door

Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I sometimes worry that charge port doors will become the new "thing" for those who damage and steal car ornaments (looking at the replacement cost for the roundel on my Z4M ... again).

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Wait, we can get black tow hooks?
We've seen grey, yellow and now black. Nobody knows what we'll actually be able to get or if there will be a choice.