Real Rivian Photos & Videos

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
Ya that's BS we got a sketch for risking our money on a startup EV and supporting them and they wont even let us buy swag from them. but they send it to people that don't care and are not car people.
pure speculation, but in the video she mentions she can’t wait to get her Rivian vehicle. Maybe this is something you get after confirming your order? Wouldn’t be surprised if they prioritize delivery to a few influencers. Of course this assumes she’s been contacted by a guide ?
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Ya that's BS we got a sketch for risking our money on a startup EV and supporting them and they wont even let us buy swag from them. but they send it to people that don't care and are not car people.
What makes you say they don't care, aren't car people and don't have a reservation?
The audio indicates they have one on order and are excited and pumped to get it.
I got a similar goodie package after they reached out a year ago or so to learn about some of their customers, why they put in a reservation, etc. They had me send photos of my wife and I o our motorcycles as part of a motivational reminder for their various teams about their customers.
This may be old as she mentioned her "2020" Rivian and the box design and refrigerator magnet(?) of the R1T that the employees colored would fit that as well.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Maybe she is getting Chilewiched.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Think of it this way. They show that there are 10 people in the Chicago area with the configurator set for blue ext white int. They produce 10 in blue ext/white int. If a few people refuse delivery, they set them to the side and they just go on the next truck to the next location. There are effectively 3 options we all are picking exterior color, interior color, wheels. Wheels can be changed but I doubt they will have trouble finding someone to deliver to if they have one left over.

Or they just produce as many launch green's with a variety of interiors as possible and send them on their way to whatever locations most coinvent for them.

For the first few months... demand way exceeds supply so they can produce and there will be customers that take delivery.
Thanks for that explanation, I can see it making sense from that perspective. I suppose they could also try to influence customer decisions based on what they've produced - i.e. if you stick to Launch Green you'll get yours in a week, but switching to yellow will mean another month or whatever (sorry @Mjhirsch78).

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Reminds me of the outrage when they released info on a couple of Thursdays and didn't continue with that pattern. The forum decided that they had committed to do that every week and the hue and cry of major disaster and unannounced delays because the Thursday info stopped was pretty amazing.
It's well established & totally predictable how people react to expectations in relationships, including both personal & seller/consumer.

You can set expectations without intending to, but that doesn't change things. Then you get married...

Maybe she is getting Chilewiched.
Quite the opposite, she's either being #blanketed or #mugged.

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
Man, this thread moves fast . . . this post is a throw back to some exchanges in posts around 1380-1390 or so about user controls.

There have been exchanges in the past, in other threads, about the decision to replace so many physical controls with a touchscreen, and whether or not that is a good decision. After a quick search I didn't find them to link them here.

To each their own, but I don't like the idea of putting so much functionality into a touch screen. Certain functions need to happen quickly, without taking eyes from the road and without having to worry about sound confusion from music, etc. Wiper activation because someone just blasted you with slushy snow during a spring storm. Plus, we'll always need to turn on heat in the winter and AC in the summer, increase and decrease volume. I just don't see the advantage of eliminating physical controls for those things that will always need to be done, and I see several disadvantages burying those controls into a menu-driven touch screen, or manipulating everything via voice activation.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Certain functions need to happen quickly, without taking eyes from the road and without having to worry about sound confusion from music, etc. Wiper activation because someone just blasted you with slushy snow during a spring storm.
You clearly haven't heard of Rivian's secret patented technology that uses AI to protect you from this scenario, the Pre-emptive Power Blast (PP Blast (r)).

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wiper activation because someone just blasted you with slushy snow during a spring storm.
Auto wipers? I haven’t touched my wiper stalk in my Expedition except to spray the washer… ever.

Nor have I touched the fan controls. It’s set to 22.5ºC and it does its thing.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Auto wipers? I haven’t touched my wiper stalk in my Expedition except to spray the washer… ever.

Nor have I touched the fan controls. It’s set to 22.5ºC and it does its thing.
I seldom touch the brakes in my i3 either, but I'm not ready to get rid of the pedal.

Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Who ever TF this person is (9.8 Million instagram followers) got a sweet goodie box from Rivian.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/thenikkibella/2577107972079361512/
It looks like the guy who posted the Q&A with a "soon to be guide" got a similar package from Rivian. Maybe it will be a standard "gift" when converting to an order?

via Facebook:

"A month back or so, had a great 2+ hour conversation with a soon to be guide (who was awesome). She was the best and answered so many questions and had such great information (which led to me posting my FAQ document which documented the conversation).
Today, got a surprise care package of sorts from her. Unlike all of the fakes that people post here, this may be the first "real" Rivian shirt in the wild and some cool little things in the box as well."

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It looks like the guy who posted the Q&A with a "soon to be guide" got a similar package from Rivian. Maybe it will be a standard "gift" when converting to an order?

via Facebook:

"A month back or so, had a great 2+ hour conversation with a soon to be guide (who was awesome). She was the best and answered so many questions and had such great information (which led to me posting my FAQ document which documented the conversation).
Today, got a surprise care package of sorts from her. Unlike all of the fakes that people post here, this may be the first "real" Rivian shirt in the wild and some cool little things in the box as well."

I saw that in the other FB group as well. IDK but I guess good for them :p

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Not sure if this was shared, probably the best quick look at the ocean coast interior so far, just front seat.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Does it seem like there's been a lot fewer sightings lately? Or is it just me.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Does it seem like there's been a lot fewer sightings lately? Or is it just me.
They are all being pulled into the compass yellow trebuchet for launch.
Sponsored