First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Ok... so, I get it, you have to take the politician around to get his support to remove barriers. I get it. But... why can Rivian not just share with the people that have pre ordered and are supporting the vehicle a freakin video showcasing the vehicle in and out rather than the lifestyle videos we keep getting?

Expecting big things today Rivian. Big Things!
I had the same cynical thought. May be because if the CDC news yesterday too. Idk.

It did provide a good photo of the screens though.
Sponsored

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I’m thinking this is Ocean Coast interior, judging by the airbag pad on the steering wheel. It’s gray and the wheel on Black Mountain is definitely black.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
It still looked pretty dark to me in person, but it might have changed some since the blue prototype truck. I'm wondering though if the lighter appearance in this pic is due to the camera & direct light on the wood.
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos A7303EA9-1CF9-4874-B980-1AB68CF8C82D

I also thought it was pretty dark at the time, but could see how that might change a bit depending on the lighting.

Edit: I should add that this was the blue prototype truck that Skyote was referencing, so some things have likely changed in the interior.

Last edited:

Sponsored

irpete

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
From Twitter today.
20210514_092539.jpg
Anyone notice the "SOS" button above the rearview mirror? Is that something like OnStar? I don't recall reading anything about that type of service being made available on these.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
I think the UI looks pretty solid here. Obviously very Tesla-esque.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Anyone notice the "SOS" button above the rearview mirror? Is that something like OnStar? I don't recall reading anything about that type of service being made available on these.
It wouldn't surprise me. Pretty much every manufacturer offers something like it, at this point.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

And... finally a decent (not great) view of the frunk

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos E1SnM8AWQAMQMxF

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’m thinking this is Ocean Coast interior, judging by the airbag pad on the steering wheel. It’s gray and the wheel on Black Mountain is definitely black.
The silver R1T pictured above is Black Mountain. There is no gray, just light reflecting off black.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

What's the stalk under the blinker? also is this the first time we see the cup holder?
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1621022009821

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
The frunk (or froot, as the English would say) looks shallower there than the dimensions suggest. That backpack is probably 19-20" tall and is laying not fully upright and still above the rim. The frunk is supposed to be 22.7" deep.

I'm guessing the removable platform is in place? I would have a really hard time deciding if it's better to have the tray in place to make things easier to get or have access to the full depth. A half tray would be a great accessory option, so some items can stay higher up, while allowing for a taller item.

Also, massive shame they don't seem to have the hooks anymore. Those are so important for keeping groceries from flying everywhere and out of the bags!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
What's the stalk under the blinker? also is this the first time we see the cup holder?
1621022009821.png
That is where Tesla has the control to engage and manage their autopilot system (at least on the S and X).

Single pull for speed control, double pull for speed and steering, up and down to adjust speed setting, push back to dis-engage.

Would be nice (at least for me) if that is a similar control.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

The frunk (or froot, as the English would say) looks shallower there than the dimensions suggest. That backpack is probably 19-20" tall and is laying not fully upright and still above the rim. The frunk is supposed to be 22.7" deep.

I'm guessing the removable platform is in place? I would have a really hard time deciding if it's better to have the tray in place to make things easier to get or have access to the full depth. A half tray would be a great accessory option, so some items can stay higher up, while allowing for a taller item.

Also, massive shame they don't seem to have the hooks anymore. Those are so important for keeping groceries from flying everywhere and out of the bags!
Yeah, I was a big fan of the interior hooks they had. You can also see the 12v plug in on a shelf I believe above the charge port.

Also, I'm pretty sure the false bottom is in place and agree on the leave it in or take it out dilemma. I'll probably leave it in until it inhibits things I want to take using the frunk (but wouldn't it be bonnet in the UK?)

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
1621022009821.png
Lower stalk is probably cruise control and Drive+ controls. My Audi Q5 has the CC stuff on a stalk in that same position. I've driven other cars with it there as well.

There have been other photos with the drink holders. I'm not a fan of retractable holders as the primary ones for driver and front passenger. They always feel flimsy to me, and I find that they aren't as good for a wide range of containers/cups. Also... they really need a big Nalgene liter friendly spot in each door...
Sponsored