LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Quick get-away but more rearward weight-transfer 'sink' than I would have guessed.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Quick get-away but more rearward weight-transfer 'sink' than I would have guessed.

Whats neat is they can adjust all of that via software updates, too much weight transfer? Cool, stiffen up the rears and send more power to the front to pull instead of compressing the rear.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Whats neat is they can adjust all of that via software updates, too much weight transfer? Cool, stiffen up the rears and send more power to the front to pull instead of compressing the rear.
Yes, it is that easy. But, will Rivian actually implement that? What if I want it to be level the whole time, but someone else wants to feel/see that weight transfer? Surely this SHOULD NOT BE user selectable.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Yes, it is that easy. But, will Rivian actually implement that? What if I want it to be level the whole time, but someone else wants to feel/see that weight transfer? Surely this SHOULD NOT BE user selectable.

Could always put it in squat mode, I am sure they are testing which ever is more efficient in general while still getting good driving characteristics. Testing launch when a vehicle is at a mid or high setting is a good way to check suspension rebound/compression rates to adjust accordingly.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Here is a better video, the squat does appear to be a bit more controlled but still there.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Our Rivian's LED signature bars are going to look so bad-ass just rolling down the road from twilight to dawn (more so than how wickedly cool looking during the day). For months to come, countless people are going to wonder with amazement what these vehicles are. The look behind at a Rivian in the rearview mirror will remind some of a scene from 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind." ?

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
The user is already selecting it by how hard they push the go pedal. The vehicle is (hopefully) optimizing traction.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
Our Rivian's LED signature bars are going to look so bad-ass just rolling down the road from twilight to dawn (more so than how wickedly cool looking during the day). For months to come, countless people are going to wonder with amazement what these vehicles are. The look behind at a Rivian in the rearview mirror will remind some of a scene from 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind." ?
I’m expecting most to see my Rivian ahead of them than in their rear view mirror.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I’m expecting most to see my Rivian ahead of them than in their rear view mirror.
Well, there's a distinctive LED bar on the rear!
The movie reference is about a rearview mirror look.
And there are stop lights and signs that will halt you

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

u
Man, I have a bad back so if I put some rollers behind my back and stomp on the accelerator then I don’t think I will need a chiropractor anymore! ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Via Twitter BayAreaDiary. So close.....

E0eUFr9VkAAIk50.jpg

Seriously, how damn hard is it to tap the screen and check the charge info?!

Also, that EA chargers is crazy loud.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I was going to bring that up. Is that typical for DCFC? I wasn't aware.
Some are louder than others. They all definitely make noise. That was louder than I'm used to hearing, but it could have been the phone + other environmental factors.
Sponsored