Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Bothers the hell outta me....but its pre-production...the back to front view of this charging door shows it isn't flush with the fender, so I'm thinking it either got bent or something during this whole road trip they seem to be on. There's a better image from the first Austin pics.
1619614134322.png
What about that frunk corner? ?
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I've always questioned their placement of the charging port. It seems that location would be highly subject to damage from minor fender benders that would otherwise be superficial. Placing the charging port between the wheel well and front door seems like a more robust solution.
Agreed....and it should open the opposite direction, as I would think this positioning would catch wind and hurt aerodynamics if not closed tight and flush with the fender. I dunno...

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
What about that frunk corner? ?
Livable....lol. But I'll reserve judgement for when one is actually delivered to a forum member with detailed photos.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I've always questioned their placement of the charging port. It seems that location would be highly subject to damage from minor fender benders that would otherwise be superficial. Placing the charging port between the wheel well and front door seems like a more robust solution.
At least in the front corner, if there is damage more likely the drivers fault. Tesla has it in the left rear corner and more likely to be damaged by some other inattentive driver.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
At least in the front corner, if there is damage more likely the drivers fault. Tesla has it in the left rear corner and more likely to be damaged by some other inattentive driver.
Every silver Toyota Camry begs to disagree. Ever notice how they all have that universal "I backed into something" dent in the same spot?

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

This is seriously making me consider LA Silver. That looks beautiful.
For sure! LA Silver really "pops" on the Rivian. o_O

Read a post from the Austin event that it has a noticeable blueish undertone in person. Not sure why this is a free paint color when it seems to have as much character as several others.

Once we finally get to see "Launch Green" in living-color, if its not breathtaking and distinctive, then without a doubt LA Silver is my go-to color.

Nice thing about LAS is that all 3 interior color schemes work well with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Once we finally get to see "Launch Green" in living-color, if its not breathtaking and distinctive, then without a doubt LA Silver is my backup color.
I really want Launch Green because of it being exclusive, but I hope it's not as brown as it comes off in leaked shots.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I really want Launch Green because of it being exclusive, but I hope it's not as brown as it comes off in leaked shots.
I read a rumor somewhere that the exact shade (brown or other tint) isn't finalized & that's why we haven't seen it.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
174335633_323754349093395_3587923752734553091_n~4.jpg

Doesn't bother me none, but I know alignment tickles a few folks here. Must be the same pre-production truck from Austin ?
It's absolutely the same truck that was in Austin. They told me about their plans to stop at several places (including Big Bend) on their way back to LA. White Sands is easily on their path to home.

Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
I believe the Rivian guys told @Jsidell that when he ran into them (or Stalked them ? ) down on South Congress here in Austin.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-in-person-for-the-first-time.1381/post-29504
Haha guilty as charged!

They did tell me they are finalizing the color for Launch Green...
Current iterations under consideration:
1. Brownish Green
2. Grey Green
3. Flat Green

I'm just calling it Ambiguous Green, I mean Amphibious Green...

I digress...

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
I read a rumor somewhere that the exact shade (brown or other tint) isn't finalized & that's why we haven't seen it.
WAIT! A rumor about Launch Green!?!? Where!?!

I was out for a run the other day and saw this Chevy Colorado color I didn't know existed.
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1619630216147

For a moment, I could have sworn I was seeing Launch Green in prior life. About 3 Google searches later, I found it. They called it nothing other than "Deepwood Green Metallic." Seriously. Name aside, it's a nice color.

Don't be surprised when your Launch Green looks just like that. But maybe more brown. Or more green. Or gray. Or all combined!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I'd be happy if LG is same as that Chevy "deep-woody" green :blush:
Sponsored